Victis Honor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victis Honor

Guild members of Victis Honor

+5
B'LAN T'SERA
lendell
Gatta Moonfang
Jowlstar
Yelana
9 posters

VH story - Idea's lab / discussion thread

Yelana

VH story - Idea's lab / discussion thread Empty VH story - Idea's lab / discussion thread

Post  Yelana Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:01 pm

Tales of Vicitis Honor

Please note, I have taken some liberties here with some of your backgrounds, some half truths and twisted lies have been used. Please remember this is a work of fiction and bears no resemblance to people or their avatars.

The Beginning

There are many tales that surrond the world of Phyrra, some are true, many are not, but the accuracy of these tales is not the thing that makes them great. It is the heroes and heroines that capture our hearts, they are the reason these tales live on. Someday, who knows, they rise in Legends and take their place in the Hall of Heroes and forever dine with those whose names are never far from our lips.

Of all the tales, there are but a few that remain favourite. Some like the stories of Razan, The Vampire, Others love to tell of how the Abtu Khan came to our world and some still talk about the coming of shadows. There is but one tale that captures the mind, ensnares the senses and steals ones thoughts away. The Tale of Victis Honor.

True, there were more well known guilds and perhaps better duelists in Phyrra, but this group of duelists had a nobility, a certain dignity about them and the way they conducted their business. Many flocked to their banner and pledged to follow the code, A code in principal that relied on 3 very basic ideals. Respect, Honor, Glory. It was considered by many to be the holy trinity of values. Phyrra had seen many come with 2 of these virtues, but having the third is what makes Victis Honor the special group. Other guilds have been able to Master the Glory side, some even have the Honor OR Respect as well, but none, Other than Victis Honor were able to produce these traits so often. And so, I feel we should start our tale. It was a Strange day in Phyrra as the Mage known as Dark as Knight stood atop the cliff, looking down into the sea that swirled.

“There was a time when Pyhrra seemed like a golden city, all who ventured here had dreams of glory and honor, with that came the respect, and for that of your enemies. Somewhere it all went wrong. With the advance of guilds and the like, Phyrra hs become tainted. Those who know flock to the city, do so for wealth or simply to have their name echoed in history. This needs to change my friend or else we will all be consumed by greed” The figure beside him nodded, Jowlstar, widely known around Phyrra as one of the most famed Druids. Perhaps not the best, not the most powerful, but few who had spent any time in the arena could not say they had heard of him. Dark as Knight smiled, At least in Jowlstar he knew there was a nobility, one they both would strive to protect.

“I think its time for us to retire to the house Dark. Its getting late and I have much to read this evening.” Dark as Knight nodded his agreement and the pair set off along the pathway towards the large house that Dark owned. There, they would discuss the future of Phyrra, and hopefully, a way to save itself.

Last edited by Yelana on Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jowlstar

VH story - Idea's lab / discussion thread Empty Re: VH story - Idea's lab / discussion thread

Post  Jowlstar Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:27 pm

"I'm a Druid," Jowlstar barked while looking onward into the fields of uncertainty.
    Yelana

VH story - Idea's lab / discussion thread Empty Re: VH story - Idea's lab / discussion thread

Post  Yelana Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:41 pm

Edited for your future enjoyment Smile
    Gatta Moonfang

Post  Gatta Moonfang Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:13 am

Fascinating! some more, some more!! bounce
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:36 am

Cool wow! stunning intro! excellent work Yel! Smile
    B'LAN T'SERA
    B'LAN T'SERA

Post  B'LAN T'SERA Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:02 am

nice prologue
    Yelana

VH story - Idea's lab / discussion thread Empty CHAPTER 1

Post  Yelana Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:26 am

CHAPTER 1

Valdor Khin sat with head resting against a tree. A glance around his comrades proved his theory that they were all asleep. The Robed B'Lan lay motionless, just the rise and fall of his chest giving any clue as to life, The younger woman, Yelana, her hair short and her clothes dirty. He still had no idea why he had urged his companions into helping her escape the crowd that sought her blood. Kyceyz lay with his head against a rock, and turned over, Valdor saw the glint of his blade gripped firmly in his hand. Sighing Valdor walked to the edge of the bushes and let out a sigh. Eventually they would be found, it mattered not that the girl was in the right, morally he told himself. Unlawfully striking a member of the Shindaan was punishable by death. By aiding her escape he knew he and his friends would be subjected to the same punishments. Nudging Kyceyz with his toe he mumbled in a gruff voice. “Getting light, time to move” Kyceyz opened an eye and groaned, spat out a wad of menas leaf that he he been chewing last night. Behind them B'Lan sat up and gently nudged Yelana awake. "Time to move girl" the Mage said and Yelana rubbed her eyes. At just 19 summers she was an adult but looked every inch the child. Sitting up she blinked and rubbed her eyes. Without speaking the group collected their belongings and moved away. Almost an hour past before Kyceyz spoke to Valdor.

“Where are we going anyway? Sure we rescued the girl but where was the reward? I don't like risking my neck for no pay” Valdor ignored him and walked on but Yelana's voice carried to him. “He is right, helping me was not wise” Turning Valdor Khin, warrior and Duellist stopped in his tracks. “I am not a wise man. Lets just get to Phyrra, I have friends there” B'Lan who had not joined in this brief exchange adjusted his staff and mumbled some words, the ground shimmered as they walked and Valdor felt a peace fall around him. In an hour they would be inside the city, there he would put out feelers and contact the only man who knew could help them. Calling the party to a halt, Valdor instructed them to take a rest. “I'm so hungry I could eat the bark off a tree” Complained Kyceyz. B'Lan grinning replied with a wicked smile. “Its not hard to see why we didn't let you make the plans, These trees are poisonous, unless you want to spend a moon cycle sweating and vomiting, id stay away from the trees” Swearing Kyceyz sat down and put his head against his thick cloak whilst Yelana moved to B'Lan. The two talked quietly about the nuances of magic, it was apparently something that Yelana had some basic understanding of, although it became clear she followed the Druid's ideal rather than that of the mage. Valdor simply busied himself with stretches. It was likely they would have to fight at least part of the way. He adjusted the straps on his pack, the straps dug into his shoulders but it was now much easier to slip off and wouldn't hamper him should they need to fight. After just 30 minutes he signalled it was time to move on.

Back in the house, Dark and Jowlstar conversed about the plans they had set in motion.

“Vegas has been very helpful in this. His reading of people is excellent and he will continue to root out those who come to us under false pretence” Jowlstar said as Dark looked into a strange Orb. Nodding he turned away. “Indeed. I think they will be arriving shortly. The Shindaan have given up their search in the forest, I think we should meet them at the Horned Fist. Valdor knows the bartender.” Jowlstar grinned. Although he was proud of the way he and Dark had been trying to reform Phyrras duellists, the thrill of a battle always quickened his pulse. Honour, Glory, Respect. All 3 were equally important, but somewhere deep inside, Jowlstar felt the demon rise. The beast that longed to break its chains. It was the beast that scared Duellists, and also himself. As the two men set off, Jowlstar allowed a smile.
    Gatta Moonfang

Post  Gatta Moonfang Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:44 am

Yelena is cute!
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:56 am

oh shucks! Yelana is so cute here! lol

btw, Kyceyz is also a girl. Smile Just correcting it. Very Happy
    B'LAN T'SERA
    B'LAN T'SERA

Post  B'LAN T'SERA Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:56 am

i'm liking this Smile yay for having a role in the story Very Happy and ooh, sneaky chatter with a 19 yr old who looks younger and... yeah i'll stop there.

are you going by avatar gender, or person behind the screen?

also, 1st para, "Sighing Valdor walked to the edge of the bushes and let out a sigh." sounds a little funny to me Razz

maybe change to "going to the edge of the bushes they were hiding in, valdor sighed as he looked around. he knew they would eventually be found. it mattered not..."

/grammar nazi
    Megalodon100

Post  Megalodon100 Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:10 am

I'm a worse "grammar Nazi", as you so artfully put it. I'll probably get around to messing with your grammar sometime, if you don't mind, Yelena?

By the way, I'm loving the story so far.
    De_Stroyer
    De_Stroyer

Post  De_Stroyer Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:43 am

Great story so far.
    I'll understand if I don't get a spot in this story though Wink.
    Keep it up.
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:14 pm

As I stated in the prologue, some parts of peoples history/nature have been edited to fit the story. And no, feel free to edit/post a continuation of this, it doesnt have to be my sole work, it took me hours to write that first part!
    Azgalor the Forgoten
    Azgalor the Forgoten

Post  Azgalor the Forgoten Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:10 pm

On their way out they found a note pinned into the door with a rusty kitchen knife.

"I hope you know that it annoys me to be the last one to find about this. I've been tracking the Shindaan to see how they're moving so they wouldn't stumble on our little group. Three of them are resting at the Horned Fist. I have some sleeping powder and some coppers on me too make sure they sleep in while we make our little meeting.

Azg

PS: Mega and Lendell are also coming with me.
    PS2: They are also annoyed "

In the meanwhile, in a darkened corner of the Horned Fist Azgalor and Lendell where sitting at a table arguing. " I still say that cloak's too fancy for this shabby joint" said Lendell looking at Azgalor's silvery Aanden cloak. " It's gonna give us away" he followed. " If anyone has a problem with me he can solve it with me in the yard. And by the way, I love this cloak." replied Azgalor stabbing the table with his dagger trying to engrave something that Lendell couldn't really make out. " What's that? " he asked. " A fireshield rune. That annoying thing that B Lan always uses. He taught me how to carve this thing and it's pretty handy. It's a mini-wall of flame. In case something happens." he explained visibly excited at the perspective of setting off a wall of fire." It is done monsieur. Les gentlemens upstairs will be dans le bed until the sun sets the second day. And I'd very much appreciate if you didn't set off un mur de flammes. growled the owner of the Horned Fist. As soon as he left Azgalor started to carve faster occasionally looking over his shoulder to see if the owner was looking in his direction. They continued to enjoy their drinks and tell stories of their duels. Mega came in a few seconds later and took a place at the table and occasionally correcting Azgalor's sloppy rune scribing.

[ Very Happy ]

Last edited by Azgalor the Forgoten on Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:15 am

I already have decided that I'll respec into mage after I finished my 10 matches against FC, but please if ever I'll be on the story (hoping Very Happy), I still want to be a shield slammer here. Smile

thanks a lot! Very Happy
    Azgalor the Forgoten
    Azgalor the Forgoten

Post  Azgalor the Forgoten Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:22 am

lendell wrote:I already have decided that I'll respec into mage after I finished my 10 matches against FC, but please if ever I'll be on the story (hoping Very Happy), I still want to be a shield slammer here. Smile

thanks a lot! Very Happy

My part of the story counts and you're in it!! Yelena said so Very Happy
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:47 am

hehe thanks Az Smile
    Azgalor the Forgoten
    Azgalor the Forgoten

Post  Azgalor the Forgoten Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:07 pm

we may need to change things regarding members and stuff. Or I can just hammer in Dark's decision in a continuation. But I'm really curious why Yelena attacked the Shindaan.
    B'LAN T'SERA
    B'LAN T'SERA

Post  B'LAN T'SERA Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:27 pm

hahah, at 1st i thought u were carving something into the lovely cloak you got off me Razz

i like it. and yay, fire Smile
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:23 pm

hope this story will still continue even though some of us will be transfer to the other guild Sad
    Azgalor the Forgoten
    Azgalor the Forgoten

Post  Azgalor the Forgoten Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:23 am

Chapter 2 - Parting of ways

The Horned Fist lay in silence while the trio awaited their guild members. A few drunkards where singing in a corner and another group of three people in filthy clothes where sitting in silence. They came in after the group and didn't say a word their whole stay. Jowl and Dark arrived first and took their places at the table. A few moments later Yelana, B Lan, Valdor and Kyceyz entered and sat down. They where muddy and tired, clear signs of their travels in the woods. Then Dark started talking and told them something that shocked them. " I'm leaving the guild. Jowl and NuclearBlast are coming with me. We want a more competitive environment and Victis is too casual. I'm sorry this news had to come at such a bad time but it was something we where considering for some time. We have to go. We will help you as we can but it's best we don't get two guilds involved in this. I'm sorry. Vegas is on his way, I've told him of the situation and he is the new leader." With those words Jowl and Dark got up and left. Silence lay over the table for a few seconds and afterward Valdor got up and said " Sorry, I'm out. Hope you undertand" and left before anyone could do anything about it. Yelana got up and went ouside to see what happened to Valdor, followed by Kyceyz. Inside B Lan and the others where at the table pondering on the situation. At the same time three people in the room got up and took off their baggy clothes to reveal shiny Shindaan uniforms. At the same time another three Shindaan entered the room from upstairs. "You are under arrest. Drop your weapons or we will use force! " one of them shouted. In the same time the four got up their chairs and drew their weapons. "It was kinda suspicious that they didn't say a word their whole stay." said Mega. "We're taking the ones next to the stairs. Follow me Lendell!" and they charged at them. B Lan put up a magical shield and toghether with Azg charged at the other three. One of them found himself unable to move and being hit with a sturdy metal staff. The other two ignored B Lan and charged at Azgalor, not wanting to touch the fiery shield around the mage until it wears off. Azgalor stood straight and one of them swung his sword at him. At the same time Azgalor dodged and, taking advantage of the moment, stabbed him twice, once in the left leg and in the right arm. Not discouraged, the Shindaan attacked again and the same thing happened. Bleeding seriously this time he charged one last time at the same time with his colleague. Azgalor dodged both their swords but the bleeding one tripped and knocked him over the table, breaking it into bits. Seeing his opponent trapped under the body of the now deceased Shindaan, the other one stepped over the table pieces and moved in for the kill. "Mordekai was a good guy. I'll avenge him now! Die outlaw!! he screamed. " I'm sorry for your loss. I had nothing personal against you. Sorry but I'm not ready to die... IGNEUS!" . At the same moment a piece of wood turned bright red and then a column of flame shot upward and through the ceiling. The Shindaan fell out of the flame on the bar, still breathing. B Lan threw the other Shindaan at a wall, trough three other tables, knocking him unconscious. In the other side of the tavern Lendell was being attacked ferociously by two Shindaan. Using his shield he started to counter attack and knocked one of them into a wall and then charged at the other one. Mega was having trouble with an opponent that was resisting his magic and screaming like a barbarian , messing up his concentration. Lendell, seeing the bad pairing charged at Mega's opponent. Noticing the mistake Lendell made by leaving his back opened Mega made the same move and at the same moment Mega lifted Lendell's opponent in the air and engulfed him in a icestorm and Lendell hit the other one in the face with his shield knocking out. The four then went outside and, after getting Yelana and Kyceyz went into the city. Azgalor offered a temporary asylum at his house on the outskirts.

Azgalor's house looked mostly abandoned in an yard that wasn't taken care off. The house looked like it used to be a rich man's house at one time but now looked like it was going to collapse. A small black dog guarded the yard. When they entered the dog started jumping around happily, clearly excited at the prospect of having so many people around. They all followed Azgalor without making a sound.The front door wasn't locked and opened with a horrible screech. Inside was a big hall with doors on every side. Two stairways right in front led to the upper level but had lots of stairs missing. The marble on the ground was cracked in many places and many pieces of what looked to have been an intricate mosaic where now missing. A few massive wooden pillars that looked new where holding up the ceiling and parts of the wall. Azgalor went through a door in the middle and into a large room that was completely renovated. It looked to have been a large living room but was now refurbished into a general area. A small bedroom was in a corner, and the rest was slowly being rebuild. " This is my home. It's a long term project, it needs funding, but it's a great house. Sit down, let's talk. I'll get you some drinks." After he returned with a bottle of wine and several glasses he started talking again. "I've left messages for Sankran and TheBlessed. They're on their way here. Now Yelana... What happened with the Shindaan? "

Yelana

Post  Yelana Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:50 am

Yelana sighed, he shoulders dropped. Not much to tell. A Guard decided he liked the look of me. I Slapped him. Turns out even if your attacked by the shindaan, you cant defend yourself" Yawning Yelana looked at her dirty clothes, excusing herself she went to the bar, grabbing a package she disapeared out the back and when she returned, she looked almost normal. Toght fitting Breehes hugged her legs and her top was covered by an ornate robe that glistened in the torchlight. Held in her hand was a staff that seemed to flicker with irridescant light, a small crystal formation at the head gave it some asthetic appeal as well. Sitting down next to Azg she grinned. I know the barman, he keeps stuff for me in case...well, this isnt the first time ive been forced to run. Noticing the dour mood, Yelana tried to make out what was wrong.

So, this guild I keep hearing about, whats the matter, why are you all suddenly acting like your favourite horse just died?
    Nicklachey

Post  Nicklachey Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:09 am

I enjoyed reading that
    B'LAN T'SERA
    B'LAN T'SERA

Post  B'LAN T'SERA Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:16 am

hmm, i like it, but it sounds a little clunky with the upheval of VH itself. if anyone likes, i can try an collate everything and smooth out the kinks.

and lol @ az's house Razz
    Azgalor the Forgoten
    Azgalor the Forgoten

Post  Azgalor the Forgoten Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:51 am

Yelana. We're at my house, not the bar anymore : lol! .

@ B Lan: Whatcha got against my house?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:03 am