Victis Honor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victis Honor

Guild members of Victis Honor

VH story

B'LAN T'SERA
    B'LAN T'SERA

VH story Empty VH story

Post  B'LAN T'SERA Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:46 am

I can't make 1 big post and update it as i go, so i'll keep this thread as the collated works of everyone. I'll make each post here a chapter.

please do not respond in this thread.

comment in the other one... consider it the brainstorming lab or something Smile

linky: https://victishonor.forumotion.com/creative-endeavors-f11/tales-of-victis-honor-part-1-t202.htm

---------------

PROLOGUE

There are many tales that surround the world of Phyrra, some are true, many are not, but the accuracy of these tales is not the thing that makes them great. It is the heroes and heroines that capture our hearts, they are the reason these tales live on. Someday, who knows, they rise in Legends and take their place in the Hall of Heroes and forever dine with those whose names are never far from our lips.

Of all the tales, there are but a few that remain favorite. Some like the stories of Razan, The Vampire. Others love to tell tales of the lost Yumerian empire or of how the Abtu Khan came to our world and some still talk about the coming of shadows. There is but one tale that captures the mind, ensnares the senses and steals ones thoughts away. The Tale of Victis Honor.

True, there were more well known guilds and perhaps better duelists in Phyrra, but this group of duelists had a nobility, a certain dignity about them and the way they conducted their business. Many flocked to their banner and pledged to follow the code, A code in principal that relied on 3 very basic ideals.

Respect, Honor, Glory.

It was considered by many to be the holy trinity of values. Phyrra had seen many come with 2 of these virtues, but having all three is what makes Victis Honor the special group. Other guilds have been able to get the Glory, some even have the Honor OR Respect as well, but none, Other than Victis Honor were able to produce these traits so often. And so, I feel we should start our tale. It was a Strange day in Phyrra as the Mage known as Dark as Knight stood atop the cliff, looking down into the sea that swirled.

“There was a time when Pyhrra seemed like a golden city, all who ventured here had dreams of glory and honor, with that came the respect, and for that of your enemies. Somewhere it all went wrong. With the advance of guilds and the like, Phyrra hs become tainted. Those who know flock to the city, do so for wealth or simply to have their name echoed in history. This needs to change my friend or else we will all be consumed by greed” The figure beside him nodded, Jowlstar, widely known around Phyrra as one of the most famed Druids. Perhaps not the best, not the most powerful, but few who had spent any time in the arena could not say they had heard of him. Dark as Knight smiled, At least in Jowlstar he knew there was a nobility, one they both would strive to protect.

“I think its time for us to retire to the house and meet up with Nuclear Blast. Its getting late and we have much to consider this evening.” Dark as Knight nodded his agreement and the pair set off along the pathway towards the large house that Dark owned. There, they would discuss the future of Phyrra, and change it's face forever.linky

Last edited by B'LAN T'SERA on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:20 am; edited 4 times in total
    B'LAN T'SERA
    B'LAN T'SERA

VH story Empty Re: VH story

Post  B'LAN T'SERA Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:47 am

CHAPTER 1 - Congregation

Valdor Khin sat with head resting against a tree. A glance around his comrades proved his theory that they were all asleep. Resplendant in his crimson robes, B' Lan lay near motionless , just the rise and fall of his chest giving any clue as to life. The youngest of the group, Yelana, her hair short and her clothes dirty. Valdor still had no idea why he had urged his companions into helping her escape the crowd that sought her blood. Kyceyz lay with his head against a rock, and turned over, Valdor saw the glint of his blade gripped firmly in his hand. going to the edge of the bushes they were hiding in, Valdor sighed as he looked around. he knew they would eventually be found. it mattered not that the girl was in the right, morally he told himself. Unlawfully striking a member of the Shindaan was punishable by death. By aiding her escape he knew he and his friends would be subjected to the same punishments. Nudging Kyceyz with his toe he mumbled in a gruff voice.
    “Getting light, time to move”
    Kyceyz opened an eye and groaned, spat out a wad of menas leaf that he he been chewing last night. Behind them B'Lan sat up and gently nudged Yelana awake.
    "Time to move girl" the mage said and Yelana rubbed her eyes. At just 19 summers she was an adult but looked every inch the child. Sitting up she blinked and rubbed her eyes. Without speaking the group collected their belongings and moved on.

Almost an hour past before Kyceyz spoke to Valdor.
    “Where are we going anyway? Sure we rescued the girl but where was the reward? I don't like risking my neck for no pay”
    Valdor ignored him and walked on but Yelana's voice carried to him.
    “He is right, helping me was not wise”
    Turning, Valdor Khin, warrior and Duelist stopped in his tracks.
    “I am not a wise man. Lets just get to Phyrra, I have friends there”
    B'Lan who had not joined in this brief exchange, made some signs and mumbled some words and the ground around them shimmered as they walked and Valdor felt a peace fall around him. In an hour they would be inside the city, there he would put out messengers and contact the only man who knew could help them. Calling the party to a halt, Valdor instructed them to take a rest.
    “I'm so hungry I could eat the bark off a tree” Complained Kyceyz. B'Lan grinning replied with a wicked smile.
    “Its not hard to see why we didn't let you make the plans, These trees are poisonous, unless you want to spend a lunar cycle sweating and vomiting, id stay away from the trees”
    Cursing Kyceyz sat down and put his head against his thick cloak whilst Yelana moved to B'Lan. The two talked quietly about the nuances of magic, it was apparently something that Yelana had some basic understanding of, although it became clear she followed the Druid's ideal rather than that of the mage. Valdor simply busied himself with stretches. It was likely they would have to fight at least part of the way. He adjusted the straps on his pack and they dug into his shoulders but it was now much easier to slip off and wouldn't hamper him should they need to fight. After just 30 minutes he signalled it was time to move on.

Back in the house, Dark, Nuclear Blast and Jowlstar conversed about the plans they had set in motion.

“Vegas has been very helpful in this. His reading of people is excellent and he will continue to root out those who come to Victis Honor under false pretence” Jowlstar said as Dark looked into a strange Orb. Nodding he turned away.
    “Indeed. I think they will be arriving shortly. The Shindaan have given up their search in the forest, I think we should meet them at the Horned Fist.”
    "I just hope the others take the news well" said Nuclear.
    Jowlstar nodded, but he also grinned. Although he was proud of the way Dark had been trying to reform Phyrras duellists, the thrill of a battle always quickened his pulse. Honour, Glory, Respect. All 3 were equally important, but somewhere deep inside, Jowlstar felt the demon rise. The beast that longed to break its chains. It was the beast that scared Duellists, and also himself. As the two men set off, Jowlstar allowed himself to smile.

On their way to the Horned fist, Valdor found a note on the door of their safehouse.

"I hope you know that it annoys me to be the last one to find about this. I've been tracking the Shindaan to see how they're moving so they wouldn't stumble on our little group. Three of them are resting at the Horned Fist. I have some sleeping powder and some coppers on me too make sure they sleep in while we make our little meeting.

Azg

PS: Mega and Lendell are also coming with me.
    PS2: They are also annoyed"

Meanwhile, in a darkened corner of the Horned Fist, Azgalor and Lendell where sitting at a table arguing.
    "I still say that cloak's too fancy for this shabby joint" said Lendell looking at Azgalor's silvery Aanden cloak.
    "It's gonna give us away" he continued.
    "If anyone has a problem with it they can solve it with me in the yard. And by the way, I love this cloak." replied Azgalor stabbing the table with his dagger trying to engrave something that Lendell couldn't really make out.
    "What's that?" he asked.
    "A fireshield rune. It's kinda like that annoying thing B Lan always uses. He taught me how to carve this thing and it's pretty handy. It's a mini-wall of flame... in case something happens." he explained visibly excited at the prospect of setting off a wall of fire, but hid his glee as soon as he saw that the barkeep was next to them. his cursed himself for being too focused on the carving, and not their surroundings.
    "It is done monsieur. Les gentlemens upstairs will be dans le bed until the sun sets the second time...And I'd very much appreciate if you didn't set off un mur de flammes." growled the owner of the Horned Fist. As soon as he left Azgalor started to carve faster, occasionally looking over his shoulder to see if the owner was looking in his direction. They continued to enjoy their drinks and tell stories of their duels. Mega came in soon after and took a place at the table, occasionally correcting Azgalor's sloppy rune scribing.

Last edited by B'LAN T'SERA on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
    B'LAN T'SERA
    B'LAN T'SERA

Post  B'LAN T'SERA Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:48 am

CHAPTER 2 - Parting of Ways

The Horned Fist lay in relative silence while the trio awaited their guild members. A few drunkards where singing or comatosed on their benches, while in a corner another three people in filthy clothes where sitting in a booth, murmuring to eachother, but drank nothing. other than that, the place was surprisingly empty.

about an hour after Mega's arrival, the forms of Jowl, Dark and Nuclear Blast passed through the doorway, and took their places at the table. few moments later Yelana, B Lan, Valdor and Kyceyz entered and sat down. They where muddy and tired, clear signs of their travels in the woods.

Then Dark broke the silence
    "We have some important news, which you may not find pleasant, but i hope you understand our decision."
    "It has come to the attention of Dark, Nuclear and myself that something is amiss. we heard rumors regarding our major rivals, Process, Fightclub and the Monks which we cannot ignore. I cannot reveal everything to you, but this news requires our full attention" gesturing to Dark and Nuclear.
    "As such, we must take our leave of Victis Honor." said Dark
    there were gasps from some of the others at the table. before anyone could say anything, Nuclear continued.
    "please dont see this as abandonment. We fully intend to keep contack with Victis Honor, however we do not want to get more people involved than we have to. i'd hate to see anyone get hurt, or worse. The 3 of us have selected Vegas to take charge in our absense. We know he'll keep Victis Honor strong, and upholding the 3 virtues. he should be getting in touch with you soon enough"
    "We will be contacting some of you about what is making us take this drastic action, but until then, all I can say is that I hope to see you all alive and well once everything is over." and with that, Dark and the others got up and took their leave. The stunned silence of the others continued as they stuggled to fathom what was going on.

The silence was broken when valdor spoke.
    "I too must confess that I have things that require my attention. I know it's horrible timing, with the shindaan on our heels and Dark's..whatever it is... I cant leave certain personal things unfinished. I hope you understand." Then he drained his mug and left, his parting words being that he hoped to see the others soon. Kyceyz followed him out to have a talk.

Inside B Lan and the others where at the table pondering on the situation. At the same time three people in the room got up and took off their shabby clothes to reveal shiny Shindaan uniforms. At the same time another three Shindaan entered the room from upstairs.
    "You are under arrest. Drop your weapons or we will use force!" one of them shouted.
    At the same time, all but Yelana got up and drew their weapons.
    "It was kinda suspicious that they didn't have a single drink the entire night." said Mega.
    "I'm taking the ones next to the stairs. Follow me Lendell!" he continued, and the 2 of them charged at the shindaan.
    B Lan made a gesture and was suddenly wreathed in flame and together with Azg charged at the three shindaan at the booth. One of them struck out an B Lan, only to find his attack parried, and slame shoot doen his sword and engulf his armor. The other two ignored B Lan and charged at Azgalor, not wanting to touch the fiery shield around the mage. Azgalor stood straight and one of them swung his sword at him. Azgalor dodged out of the way and stabbed him twice, once in the left leg and once in the right arm. The Shindaan lashed out once more yet again Azg avoided his blows. The third Shindaan went to help his partner with the slippery Assassin, and lunged at him. Azg moved out of the way and kicked him in the side of a knee, hearing a loud crack as the knee gave way. The officer found himself smashing into a bench and his ruined left leg incapacitating him with pain. The second one again made a swing at Azg, but his form was sloppy due to the wounds he had already suffered. Azg again dodged the attack, this time aiming one his blades at the officers throat. It met it's mark and the Shindaan crashed ontop of his wounded comrad, his life gurgling away from the gouge in his neck. Azg turned to see B Lan watching the burning officer writhing in agony on the ground. For a moment he thought he saw a smile on the mage's face.

They turned to see how the others were faring. They saw that Mega was swinging his staff with 2 hands at the last remaining Shindaan, who was on his feet yet immobile. there was a sickening crunch as the staff impacted on the officer's chest, caving it, and the armor inwards, sending the body into a wall like a ragdoll. Next to mega, they saw Lendell wrenching a bloody cleaver out of the torso of a heavilly battered officer.

The four of them walked back to the table where Yelana was crouched, a small knife in hand.
    "It's ok girl, put the knife away" said B Lan
    Yelana shook her head, her eye's focussed on something behind them. B Lan turned arouned to see a rather upset barkeep behind them, crossbow in hand.
    "I know I cant take you all on, but if you dont leave now, I garruntee that one of you wont be leaving here alive. you've wrecked my taver worse than the shindaan threatened to do if i didnt help them. Girl, grab your stuff and begone. I dont want to see any of you here again"
    nodding, the five of them left warily, yelana dashing behind the counter to grab a sachel, before following the others out the door. as they walked around the corner, they heard a "FWOOSH" as Azgalor's fire rune finally went off. The sound was quickly followed with that of Mega's hand making contact with the back of Azg's head.

The group made their way back to Azgalor's place, as he had offered them all a place to stay while the heat was on. afew blocks on, they came across Kyceyz making his way back to the Horned Fist, and quickly said that he didnt want to go back that way.

Azgalor's house looked mostly abandoned. afew broken windows and the yard was overgrown. The house looked like it used to be a rich man's mansion at one time but now looked like it was going to collapse. A small black dog guarded the yard. When they entered the dog started jumping around happily, excited at the prospect of having so many people around. They all followed Azgalor without making a sound.The front door wasn't locked, but opened with a horrible screech. Inside was a big entrance with doors on both walls and two stairways right in front which led to the upper level, however some steps were missing. The marble on the ground was cracked in many places and many pieces of what looked to have been an intricate mosaic where now missing. There was also leaves everywhere and also a few massive wooden pillars that looked new were holding up the ceiling and parts of the wall.

Azgalor went through a door in the middle and into a large room that was completely renovated. It looked to have been a large living room but was now refurbished into a general area. A small bedroom was in a corner, and the rest was slowly being rebuilt.
    "This is my home. It's a long term project, it needs funding, but it's a great house. Sit down, let's talk. I'll get you some drinks." said Azgalor, ignoring B Lan's smirk at the statement.
    After he returned with a bottle of wine and several glasses he started talking again.
    "I've left messages for Sankran and Blessed. They're on their way here. Now Yelana... What happened with the Shindaan?"
    Yelana sighed and her shoulders dropped.
    "Not much to tell really. A Guard decided he liked the look of me and I slapped him. Turns out even if your groped by a shindaan, you cant defend yourself... that's about it really."
    "The shindaan are an interesting lot. Sure, Del's a nice guy, but some of the people he recruits are total scum. i'm not sure what he intends to achieve with them" said B Lan

Yawning Yelana looked at her dirty clothes, and Asked azgalor where she could find a bathroom. after being pointed in the right direction, she excused herself disappeared though the archway. while she was gone, the some of the others drank some wine while mega took Azg to the fireplace to help him with another attempot with a fire rune, which he got right this time. Soon there was a warm little fire going in the hearth, which B Lan kept insisting needed to be bigger and hotter.

when Yelana returned, she looked almost normal. Tight fitting Breehes hugged her legs and her top was covered by an ornate robe that shimmered in the glow of the fire. Held in her hand was a staff that seemed to flicker with irridescant light, a small crystal formation at the head gave it some asthetic appeal as well. Sitting down on a seat she noticed everyone else looking at her.
    "The barman is a good...was a good friend of mine. He kept stuff for me in case...well, this isnt the first time ive been forced to run."
    Noticing the dour mood, Yelana tried to make out what was wrong.
    "So, this guild I keep hearing about, whats the matter, why are you all suddenly acting like your favorite horse just died?"

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:31 pm