Victis Honor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victis Honor

Guild members of Victis Honor

4 posters

Vote Megalodon100

Megalodon100

Vote Megalodon100 Empty Vote Megalodon100

Post  Megalodon100 Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:10 pm

This is my speech abut why I think that you should vote for me in the upcoming officer elections. Please note, that as I am allergic to tomatoes, they are banned from this speech.

I would, as an officer, try to steer the guild in the direction outlined below, by implementing as many of the plans below as I can.

Our goal is, like most guilds', to be on top. However, we also want to have fun doing it. As 5 Vegas has said, "If you are having fun, you win, and if you win, you are having fun!" I agree with this statement completely, and think that this is the direction our guild should head. However, I think that there are several things holding us back, and which are required to be a top guild.

1. Membership
    2. Richness
    3. Reputation
    42. The Question

So I am here today to present you with how I plan, if elected, to steer our guild toward growing in each of these areas.

1. Membership
    Now, I am not saying that there is anything wrong with our current membership. I think we have some great and friendly players, and the core of a great group of duelists. However, over time, people will drift away, or become inactive, and we need to expand our membership. After our current initial phase, where 5 Vegas is our recruiter, I believe that we need a more formalized process for recruiting new members. Thus, I propose that we start a training guild.

I believe that anyone with the drive to be good can be a good duelist, given the right tools. Thus, I hope to form a unique training guild, which will be oriented towards giving the "trainees" these tools. Prodigy was a good idea, but the leaders simply ran it into the ground and left it there for a year. From this experience, I know what NOT to do when creating a training guild.

All good players need three things.

1. Items
    2. Will (The drive to win)
    3. Knowledge

I believe our training guild should be oriented towards giving the first and the third items on that list - the second must come from themselves.

1. Items

No, I do not suggest that we go and give our recruits whatever they want. I suggest that we give them the knowledge of how to get items - QD alts, quests, etc.

2. Will

As I said earlier, this must be what they bring to the guild, now what we bring to them.

3. Knowledge

I suggest that we have some basic guides for our trainee guild to read and use, to fill their gaps of knowledge. A guide to Quests (will all quest starting NPC's linked), to QDing alts, how to scout, how to build action sets effectively, how to build loadouts, how to choose a skill tree, all of the things that upper tier duelists take for granted, common knowledge.

I think that our trainee guild should be open admission - anyone who wants to join should be allowed to, because we will have plenty of time to weed out those who don't want to succeed.

We should provide them, as I said above, with a guide to some basic things on how to play competitively.

I think that there should be requirements for their promotion which require them to have knowledge and prove themselves. For example,
    25 level 45 tournament wins within the past 3 weeks
    ranking in the top 100 of ED for 3 consecutive weeks
    top 3 of guild ladder for 3 consecutive weeks
    scouting every fight
    5 "approved" loss-posts per week for the past 3 weeks (explained in the next paragraph)

We should also give them specific guidance. For example, we should have a part of their forums where they will post ladder and tournament fights that they lost, and have them analyze in depth what they found when they scouted, what they expected, and why they acted the way they did. They should also explain why they lost and how they will do better next time. We will then need to check these posts and make sure that the trainees are doing the correct analysis, and "approve" each one. If they are not doing the correct analysis, we need to figure out why, and correct this. I found that, when I started doing this exercise with myself, I started skyrocketing in the ED ladder, winning many more matches. Perhaps, if their W/L is high enough, and they don't have enough losses, we could waive some of the requirements for how many they have to do. I believe that this, above all of the other requirements, will show us which trainees will have the "drive" to join us.

If anyone thinks that this is too harsh, it can certainly be toned down a bit.

2. Richness

Who has ever looked at that nice orange or red item, and though, "I would be soo much better if I had that. Sadly, I can't afford that." Come on, admit it, we all do it.

I think that we need a way to raise money for the guild. I propose that we have a group of guild alts, owned by the guild as a collective. These alts would be raised to level 45, do all of the quests, and then become QD alts. As all of you know, QD alts require two things.

1. Time
    2. Gear

I propose that we have a schedule for each alt at level 45, as to who will do the 25 QDs for that alt each hour. For example, I would volunteer to QD 5 alts every for for 5 hours per day, and other people would WD those alts for the other 24 hours. We would record our Quick Dueling Hours (QDH), for example, each day, I would earn 5*5=25 QDH per day. Item pulls would be sold or traded, and any gold gained from this would go to the Guild Item Fund (GIF). Players who needed items could request them, and their requests would be ranked based on three things.

1. Cost of the item
    2. How badly the item is needed
    3. QDH of the player requesting the item

Therefore, players who need something badly could work hard to rack up QDH, and then make a request, and they would get high priority. Good things come to those who work hard.

Alts will also need gear, and after an initial donation request from our members, to fund the first 5-10 alts, I believe that items for gearing the alts should be part of the budget of our guild bank.

We should also have a voting process to decide how we will build each QD alt (gear, skill tree, and actions set).

3. Reputation

I really don't have much to say here, other than that we need a solid set of guidelines for behavior, which can be set down by the guild master, and should be strictly followed.

42. 6*7=42

And remember, tomatoes are banned.

Vote Megalodon100!
    TheBlessed
    TheBlessed

Vote Megalodon100 Empty Re: Vote Megalodon100

Post  TheBlessed Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:02 pm

I liked it. Smile
    Azgalor the Forgoten
    Azgalor the Forgoten

Post  Azgalor the Forgoten Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:18 pm

I shall write my own post. I liked it not. I accept your challenge for the position of officer. I bring you PIG and "I accept!!!" .

B'LAN T'SERA
    B'LAN T'SERA

Post  B'LAN T'SERA Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:53 pm

guys, if u had read vegas' posts, you would know that he will be doing something next week once he feels there has been enough time for people to make enough nominations etc.

wait till then

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:58 am