Victis Honor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victis Honor

Guild members of Victis Honor

+9
xFrizzlex
B'LAN T'SERA
shadowice
Yelana
Azgalor the Forgoten
Bridwine
spank you
5 vegas
Dark as Knight
13 posters

VH Changes and Resignation

Dark as Knight
    Dark as Knight
    Admin

VH Changes and Resignation Empty VH Changes and Resignation

Post  Dark as Knight Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:56 am

To my friends at VH,

It has become apparent that VH has had a lot of struggles, both internal and external. As you all know, I care deeply about what happens to the guild, the people in it, and our reputation. However, it is clear that VH is full of two different types of players.

The recent guild Round Robins have left us humbled. It has also shown that we are not among the more competitive guilds. I know that not all of you participated in these tournaments, but their results are reflective of the quality and depth of a guild on the whole. Between this and too many tensions between old members and new members, VH quickly became an atmosphere not conducive to achieving the goals I had set.

To those of you who don’t know, I have left Victis Honor and intend to withdraw Stryx as guildmaster as well. I am forming an ultra-competitive guild reserved for the best of the best. The guild will be called Imminence. My goal is simple…to beat them all. VH is far too casual to accomplish this. Yes, VH is one of the most competitive guilds out there, and I hope it remains that way. However, what I intend to create will not be for the faint of heart. I will be looking for the most intelligent duelists out there and our recruiting process will be second to none. I would encourage all members at VH to put forth an application to join Imminence if you are looking for an ultra-competitive experience. Note that you will have to prove you are worthy of joining our ranks.

The application looks like this:

1. How long have you been playing duels? How many avatars do you have at level 45?
    2. What is your process when accepting a ladder match? Tournament match?
    3. List your strengths pertaining to duels.
    4. List your weakness pertaining to duels.
    5. Finally, why would you like to join Imminence? Why should we accept you?

Send applications to Dark as Knight.

For those of you concerned that VH will be left unwatched, I am instating 5 Vegas as guildmaster. Vegas is more experience than I am at running a guild and I trust him to do this guild well. The plan is for Victis Honor to become a casual player’s access to competition. This means VH will still remain semi-competitive while housing a fun group of people. Vegas understands, in fact wants, VH to keep its core members. If anyone has doubts as to Vegas’ ability to run this guild, please list in this thread why you feel he should or should not get the job.

I will be taking Jowlstar and NuclearBlast with me immediately. They have consistently proven that they play at a top tier level. Both place in or around the top 25 each week and perform very well in RR tournaments. I will remain in the VH forums for another week or so to make sure questions get answered. I hope that you can understand why this move is being made. VH will not be a training guild, it is insulting to the people in it. The guild I am forming will remain a separate entity. We intend to keep our numbers limited…no more than 25-30 duelists. The result of this will be a guild with the sole intention to take down Process, Monks, and FC.

5 Vegas will soon post changes he would like to see in VH. I encourage you all to hear him out as he is a very reasonable and knowledgeable person. I would not trust VH in just any hands.

And finally, I’d like to say that it was a pleasure. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at VH, and you all made being a guildmaster a wonderful job. It is time for me to move on as we have been confronted with the truth. I appreciate the support and loyalty you gave to me in this endeavor. Don’t be afraid to hit me up in chat, though I won’t have the guild channel.

Destiny is Imminent,

Dark
    5 vegas
    5 vegas
    Admin

VH Changes and Resignation Empty Re: VH Changes and Resignation

Post  5 vegas Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:58 pm

First, I'd like to thank DaK. He's an awesome guy, and an awesome guild leader. We should all be grateful for everything he's done for us, and everything he has been able to accomplish for the guild in such a short amount of time.

As he stated, I do not want a total upheaval in terms of our core player base. Quite the contrary. I want the groups cog to stay as intact as possible. There are some things that we will work on as a group and come up with ways to make the guild MUCH more fluid and streamlined. However, these processes will NOT work without a total commitment from everyone here. It will take all of us to get where we need to be. I'll be sitting down today and tomorrow and posting a list of what I'd like to accomplish, what I think we need to do, and what our short and long term goals for the guild and players should be. I'll post them as soon as they are ready, and I BEG all of you to read them and give me some feedback on them.

This is my first guildmaster position in Duels. And I look forward to leading the guild and turning it into something we can all be proud of. The atmosphere around is going to change a lot. I will count on that. But I truly believe and stand behind what I've said since I got here. I want to win. I want to have fun. And I feel if we are winning, we will have fun. And if we have fun, we're going to win. So please, do NOT hesitate to ask me ANYTHING. I'm on Facebook and Skype, so if you need something and I can not be found in game, you can look there. Good luck to all of us, and good luck to DaK in his new endeavor.

Vegas
    spank you

Post  spank you Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:55 pm

Good luck to DAK, Jowl, NB and anyone else moving on to a new guild! Thank you DAK for all the tireless work you have put into this guild it has been a pleasure to be apart of this and I look forward to many battles against you!
    Bridwine
    Bridwine

Post  Bridwine Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:25 pm

Good luck DaK and those going, good luck all who's staying

More in September when I have more time online on my hands Smile
    Azgalor the Forgoten
    Azgalor the Forgoten

Post  Azgalor the Forgoten Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:53 pm

Good luck guys. Take them out!!! I've submitted my application and the note that I don't want to leave Smile .
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:43 pm

wow. Quite a shock, I dont think im ready for the 'elite guild' yet so Ill be staying in VH, if youll have me Vegas Smile
    5 vegas
    5 vegas
    Admin

Post  5 vegas Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:55 pm

No. You suck. Razz Of course you're staying. Wink
    shadowice
    shadowice

Post  shadowice Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:28 pm

im still new, and wanting to get stronger but making a new guild doesnt really seem to be the answer. When you only get best of best eventually they gonna be burnt out and you wont have any new members to step into their spot so you arent left with a big hole. Im active but ill probably stay here being as new as i am and your wanting best of the best im sure i fall short of your recruiting process. Nice playing with you guys and chatting with you during late nites reguardless
    B'LAN T'SERA
    B'LAN T'SERA

Post  B'LAN T'SERA Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:50 pm

all the best guys. i'd have jumped at an elite guild afew months ago, but lately duels has given me a meh feeling, so i'll be living it up casually in VH for a while yet i think.

and i think vegas will make a fine GM
    xFrizzlex

Post  xFrizzlex Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:42 pm

Let's see if I get a reply.

This is certainly an interesting little post.

Short version: Hey guys, you are all incompitent and not as good as me so I figured, rather then help you and improve the quality of the guild I've decided to take all the best players who I dont have to teach anything (less work for me) and peace out. Good luck tho.

I have not been in VH for very long although I had joined it with the intention of learning a lot about the game, finer points of strategy and becoming competetive....ironically enough there is no such structure to allow this.

Being in guilds in a variety of different games I was expecting a lot more. Chat is empty 95% of the time, I don't recall ever seeing more then a few lines from yourself or jowl unless they were to each other. For me it doesn't really matter either way although I would imagine it is quite a slap in the face to other players who wish to improve their game and become better but have no ability to do so.

There are no guides of any kind on the forums, there is no responses that I've seen from anything from jowl in given forums, who you deem to be great. Any sort of meaningful conversation about strategy or questions I've ever asked were never answered in chat. The senior members and those who have the most experience really dont seem to offer much. I find it saying something that you consider this guild incapable of doing what you want it to do, but have not set up an environment for both improvement and success anyways thats just my 0.02.

Nothing personal, just observations from someone who doesn't care what people think, and I know I am not the only who feels this way.
    Dark as Knight
    Dark as Knight
    Admin

Post  Dark as Knight Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:32 pm

xFrizzlex wrote:Let's see if I get a reply.

This is certainly an interesting little post.

Short version: Hey guys, you are all incompitent and not as good as me so I figured, rather then help you and improve the quality of the guild I've decided to take all the best players who I dont have to teach anything (less work for me) and peace out. Good luck tho.

I have not been in VH for very long although I had joined it with the intention of learning a lot about the game, finer points of strategy and becoming competetive....ironically enough there is no such structure to allow this.

Being in guilds in a variety of different games I was expecting a lot more. Chat is empty 95% of the time, I don't recall ever seeing more then a few lines from yourself or jowl unless they were to each other. For me it doesn't really matter either way although I would imagine it is quite a slap in the face to other players who wish to improve their game and become better but have no ability to do so.

There are no guides of any kind on the forums, there is no responses that I've seen from anything from jowl in given forums, who you deem to be great. Any sort of meaningful conversation about strategy or questions I've ever asked were never answered in chat. The senior members and those who have the most experience really dont seem to offer much. I find it saying something that you consider this guild incapable of doing what you want it to do, but have not set up an environment for both improvement and success anyways thats just my 0.02.

Nothing personal, just observations from someone who doesn't care what people think, and I know I am not the only who feels this way.

Of course you'll get a reply. When have I ever left an issue unresolved? Smile

If I didn't care why would I bother to put one of our best duelists and a path rep 5 Vegas in charge? Why would I email support and ask them to make sure these changes happen? I've been working with starry just so she can allow 5 Vegas to take over VH. So in response to your short version, I'm not sure what you mean? Ask around, if I have ignored a question or refused to help a player I'll be damned. I'm not getting defensive or anything, just that I know I've been there for people. And yes, I am taking the best...why? I made it clear. I want to be the best. I don't want to run a casual guild, my heart is not in it. The injustice would be me staying.

I too am leaving VH because it is not the competitive breeding ground that I had hoped for. There is no in depth analysis of strategy in part because people are on all different skill levels. A rudimentary understanding of the game will not suffice if we are competing against the top guilds. This is what I ultimately intend to do. So have I lost my patience dealing with people with less skill...No. It just isn't the way to become the best.

On another note...our guild chat is 10x more active than any other guild chat. That is not a joke.

As for this guild not being an environment for success and improvement, I can't say much because you weren't here before. I've watched Cloud, Lendell, NB, Jowl, and many many others take an ED rank from the mid 200's do top 50 or better positions. VH is the guild Process respects the most. Why? Because they know what I did to set up a competitive guild. And they know how hard it is to take good players and make them great. I set up VH at all skill levels because I did not want to deal with a training guild, which I feel is ultimately unfair.

As for not helping people out, there needs to be a line drawn. VH, though casual, is a competitive guild. You can't expect someone to hand you a spec on a platter and tell you where to allocate skill/attribute points. You are in VH because you want to be competitive. However, if you cannot grasp the issues yourself to an extent, you will never amount to a great duelist without persistently asking for help. As I told Blessed when he asked me where to allocate stat points...If I was to tell you, it would only do you a great disservice. Experimenting and playing with builds is one of the best ways to learn different strategies and get ahead of the curve. In the end, you need to be motivated by yourself. A guild is there for support.

I thank you for your observations, truly. I hope these answers suffice. VH is anything but dead, we have a Path Rep leading us still. 5 Vegas has a significant amount of duels wisdom and I look forward to the changes he wants to run by you guys.
    RGM
    RGM

Post  RGM Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:12 pm

Well, I for one know that I wouldn't be here if I weren't a good duelist. But you guys should also understand that I am a relatively new player who doesn't have access to Legends. That being said, the harsh reality is that if you don't have Legends, you wouldn't be in the Top 50 of the ED ladder. I believe that when the time comes that I have the best gear for me, that I can reach that top 50 and be able to stand my own against the best.

I'm disappointed that you're leaving us DaK. You could've just recruited some other top players and then formed your elite group of top VH players. They could be your ANBU of Naruto fandom, the elite VH people that flattens the hell out of everyone else. You could've found great players with great potential and made them your elite force. And while you and Jowl are concentrating on the elite group, Vegas could be the one handling the rest of us. I wouldn't mind not being part of the elite, at least I'm part of something great. And if ever one of your elites would be inactive, then we could be your backup plan.

But if you've made your decision already, then it's fine with me. I'm just a small dog in this guild, and I just want to voice out as well. Good luck to whatever it is you want to accomplish.
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:51 am

Okay lets thro a spanner into the works, and this is purely me getting you lot to think and perhaps post in response.

VH was alwats talked about being the guild to overthrow FC, Monks and Process. Our rather poor showing has proved we are not at that level yet. My thoughts on this are varied, there was no where near enough 'reporting' on the potential openers and stuff that I saw in the forums. Guild chat has been quiet but its the summer so dont take that to mean too much. Ive been told after August Duels picks up till about April. As an entity there does seem to be a lot of dead wood around, some people in the guild listings ive never seen in forums or on chat. I know Vegas and DaK have been recruiting players who have potential and yet we seem to expect this to be an overnight win for us, this was never going to be the case. I dont know if this 'elite' guild is the answer Long term, but short term, definately. I would also strongly suggest having an 8v8 or if numbers permit 10v10 against Imminace (or whatever) and then we can see if VH really are the place to be, imagine if we beat the elites hehehe.

Now, onto something a little more random, Vegas needs Officers. I vote B'Lan, VK and RGM (as long as they dont go to the new guild)
    B'LAN T'SERA
    B'LAN T'SERA

Post  B'LAN T'SERA Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:47 am

i'll be hanging around. dark invited me to imminence, but i've lost my competitive drive, mainly due to the changes to duels the past few months which has left me a little jaded. that's not saying i wont get back into it and try for imminence at a later date.

i do like the casual feel of VH compared to prodidy too. it's nice having more people to talk to, and yay for having a guild chat that actually has people on it Very Happy

in regards to some people feeling a little irritated that a new, elite guild is being formed resulting in VH's top players leaving, keep in mind that when you're somewhere that's also got a lot of casual players, it makes it a little bit harder to excel because you are also helping people of varying skill levels and that detracts from progressing your personal game. there are other ways of doing stuff like this, but if Dark and co feel that that is the best course of action for themselves, let them be. they play this game just like anyone else here and are not under any obligation to stay here. also nothing is to say that they wont come back at a later date if they decide to take things at a slower pace or something.

i hope that makes as much sense to whoever reads it as it does in my head.
    5 vegas
    5 vegas
    Admin

Post  5 vegas Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:36 am

FYI - Valdor left the guild yesterday and will not be joining either. The same goes for Tebran, as he went back to FC. VK will be flying solo for a while.
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:45 am

maybe VK and Qynst will start their own guild and recruit us LOL
    ChaosDMNS
    ChaosDMNS

Post  ChaosDMNS Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:25 pm

If your going create a new leet Guild. Then VH will slowly die.
    Unless you change VH into a Training Guild and or Recruitment Guild for the leet Guild.

There will be no incentive to join VH otherwise. And if your going to either:

a) Training Guild

Then your going to need good players in VH to train them.

b) Recruitment Guild
    A place for potential good players to prove them self....
    This requires that a system is set up,
    and a promise of future promotion into the leet guild be made.

or if it's both A and B. Then your have quite a bit of work ahead of your self. And 5 Vegas can't do this on his own if your running off with the rest of the good players.

But... I doubt you've actually considered any of these options. And is was actually content with dumping the problem in 5 Vegas lap.

Do hope I'm wrong. But I'm still a bit cranky. As I've had to argue with Dual's Billing Department for about a week now. As they canceled my subscription a few days after I payed for it. And basically just gave me standard shit replies back. Had to report them to PayPal to get them to actually check on the problem, and find that I was right, and they where wrong. But did I get an apology? Ofc not. Sad

And now I see VH has been put into a lifeboat. given some rations and a captain. and pushed out to sea.

Hope you've brought your rubber ducky Mr 5 Vegas. Cuz you've just been appointed captain of a ship full of hairdressers, management consultants and 'telephone sanitizers'. And the answer isn't 42 this time.
    5 vegas
    5 vegas
    Admin

Post  5 vegas Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:42 pm

OK....riiiiight.

Bottom line. Take what you will out of it. If you want to make this "ship" work, then get off your ass and help out. Because your rant won't help anything out. We have a good group of active players still here. And we have some that are potentially VERY good players. But the bottom line is, I'm not worrying about who is and isn't here, and who left to do this, that or the other. It's a trivial matter and a moot point at that.

So, if you're in, then get in and start bailing out water. If you're out, grab a life jacket and jump. Either way, make a choice and do something about it.

And that goes for ANYONE else. This type of senseless dribble won't get us anywhere. Let's get in gear and make it work. And make it work ASAP. We can do it, we are not a lifeboat, and I'll be DAMNED, if I let anyone attempt to make it into one.

Now, any other questions?
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:55 pm

Can I Haz cookie?
    5 vegas
    5 vegas
    Admin

Post  5 vegas Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:56 pm

Peanut butter, oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip or sugar?
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:57 pm

Umm Oatmeal :p

any idea when youll be promoting from within?
    5 vegas
    5 vegas
    Admin

Post  5 vegas Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:01 pm

I've had enough time to try to get a game plan together and start writing up my ideas. And yes, promotions are on the top. I've had one person ask specifically to be considered, and I have your nominations. I'd like to see some others step up, and I'm going to be talking to the remaining officers to see if they are interested in staying and helping, or if they are jumping ship as well. I should be all set by tomorrow though. Hopefully.
    Cathara

Post  Cathara Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:47 pm

I'm heading over to Imminence, thanks for having me, don't hesitate to ask for a loan or something, and good luck!
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:57 pm

I'm also go now to Imminence, thanks for all your kindness, if you have questions, or anything I can help just PM me, and also thanks to Yelana for posting her picture, . Very Happy Razz

Goodluck to all!

for 5 Vegas, Goodluck on handling VH, you're a really good guildmaster, thanks a lot! Smile

damn, I'm being dramatic. Sad

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content