Victis Honor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victis Honor

Guild members of Victis Honor

+2
5 vegas
Yelana
6 posters

Was Bored....

Yelana

Was Bored.... Empty Was Bored....

Post  Yelana Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:41 am

Okay, so I was bored today because my BF had to work and Duels was getting on my nerves because it was slow, anywho, I banged together a banner took me about 30 seconds and then created a quick website. I dont mean to step on toes but if you like it, please use it Smile

http://victishonor.moonfruit.com

Anyway, im off to see if the arena is still lagging Smile

-x-
    5 vegas
    5 vegas
    Admin

Was Bored.... Empty Re: Was Bored....

Post  5 vegas Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:46 am

That's awesome. Looks really nice. Talk to DaK about it.
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:57 am

great work Yelana, let's wait for DaK to confirm it. Smile
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:15 am

I like it. Also, just wanted to point out that the ladder links all link to the forum. Must be some coding error.

I am also going to steal a copy of photoshop to make a new logo, most likely a coat of arms of some sort. I think as this guild increases, we need to pretty up appearances a bit.
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:17 am

yes, there are some coding issues, i threw it together in 10 minutes tops all in HTML so i need to review it. Its just a model ATM, if DaK likes it, ill talk to him, see what he wants on the page, what link he wants and how many sub pages he wants, colors banners, logos etc are all easily swapped out
    Azgalor the Forgoten
    Azgalor the Forgoten

Post  Azgalor the Forgoten Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:21 am

Nice. I like it Smile .
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:22 am

Is the moonfruit domain set in stone? If so, I am going to redirect it so it is easier.

I also noticed that the site requires flash. Is that a personal preference?
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:30 am

I have used Moon fruit in the past and the sites all come add free and flash enabled. There is no flash on the site ATM but i like it cos its free and has everything you need. No its not set in stone but the moonfruit HTML is a little strange, if you were to copy it to a blank HTML docket, you may see some old template things appear because you HAVE to use a template they provide but once you do its fully customisable. I dont know if its perm, I just threw it together as I was bored. There are other free hosts like webs, but I hate webs.
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:38 am

Yelana

Post  Yelana Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:44 am

nice Smile
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:50 am

Do you have a copy of photoshop by the way? Mine is 3% complete at the moment. So if you have a copy I can cancel. I can only code via Dreamweaver, so if you can actually code advanced HTML/JAVA, it would be great. If the website requires flash, I am not sure how much I can help. Otherwise I think I could contribute a bit into this project.
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:55 am

I have an OLD copy of Photoshop thats cracked, and wont accept updates and I can type HTML, not brilliantly but thats why the site si very simply laid out! JAVA is out of my reach, but moonfruit has a built in site editor which is all drag and click so no real issues if i have to change stuff. Dreamweave is out of my league.
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:04 am

Yelana wrote:I have an OLD copy of Photoshop thats cracked, and wont accept updates and I can type HTML, not brilliantly but thats why the site si very simply laid out! JAVA is out of my reach, but moonfruit has a built in site editor which is all drag and click so no real issues if i have to change stuff. Dreamweave is out of my league.

Was Bored.... Crests13
    Are you able to do anything with this image? I was thinking of using photoshop to colour this up, and add Victus Honor in the banner. Somewhere too, add in the latin translation of "Honor to the Vanquished". Could the photoshop handle that?
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:06 am

whilst im sure it could, the fact that the shading has been done means it would look grainy at best, and the banner would need to be white because trying to eliminate all the BG white would be very tricky, espicially with pencil shading as im sure you will appreciate. I love the image tho, did u draw it?
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:08 am

wow, great idea Morifet, definitely great, I think photoshop can do something about that, I only I know how to photoshop, I will surely help. but as of now I'm trying to study it. Very Happy
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:12 am

Yelana wrote:whilst im sure it could, the fact that the shading has been done means it would look grainy at best, and the banner would need to be white because trying to eliminate all the BG white would be very tricky, espicially with pencil shading as im sure you will appreciate. I love the image tho, did u draw it?
    No, it's an image from my old prototype folder. I am not sure where it is from. I guess we don't have to colour in the image, just use it as a template for colouring. As Victis Honor is kind of a solemn phrase, I was thinking of using Black, White, Dark Red, Gold, and Silver for the colouring, and getting rid of the crown and the bottom feathers. Maybe add a Dead World in its their place in the background, since both Dark and Jowl has one.

Lendell, if you have a copy, then just go crazy. That's the best way to learn.
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:15 am

Hmm. I think it COULD be done but it will need a lot of time to edit them in properly, Also, you have to remember that the banner will need to incorporate this logo and as such, cant be too many colors involved, as the website will also need these colors in. I Can use this as a screen or burn into another layer, I think by using a pale blue and burning into a yello film, it might have a nice effect but TBH, It will still look hand drawn and thats fine by me but perhaps not everyones tatse.
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:20 am

Okay im in the middle of removing the white from the image, might take a while but Ill see what you guys think when im done, ill post it on a few colors and post links here for u
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:27 am

thanks for the advice Morifet Smile

yes, dead world is a good additional to the image, especially if it's placed in the center of the image,
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:28 am

True, I will have to make a copy of it then. I saved these as ideas. The final effect would probably look like this.

Was Bored.... Cresti11
    Work done by a friend (I think).

I thought of two types of logos. One is the big and elaborate one. The other will be a smaller one used in thumbnails such as the duels website and widgets.

Like this:
    Was Bored.... 12395610
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:31 am

that's also what I thought Very Happy but change the skully thing with the dead world and it will be a magnificent:D
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:31 am

Yelana wrote:Okay im in the middle of removing the white from the image, might take a while but Ill see what you guys think when im done, ill post it on a few colors and post links here for u

go Yelana! you can do it! Very Happy
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:38 am

okay, youll just have to trust me when I say that white, Dark blue, yellow and red just dont go with the grey pencil shading. What Ive done is tried to remove all the background white and then added some effects, ill show you the stock basic logo on a black and white BG, then ill add what ive done. Hopefully youll see why I say the white just isnt good.

Was Bored.... Crests13

Was Bored.... Blackcoatcopy

Was Bored.... Blackcoatredcopy

I dont think that adding another image in, unless its a hand drawn shaded bit of art, just wont work on this image. IMO.
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:42 am

I am trying to add the DW in tho, dont hold your breath.

Devs have made their images very hard to edit

Was Bored.... DWBlackcoatcopy

There is a DW in there I promise, but its very hard to spot.

No, I can block everything out but then ill just have the shape, with no definition. Thats the problem with pencil shaded images, they are very hard to work on. Embossing and adding color screens is best you will get im afarid.

Last edited by Yelana on Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:48 am

Are you able to trace the outline for the coat of arms as opposed to using the pencil shaded one? It should give you a lot more room to work with the colours.

EDIT: Actually, leave that to me.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:43 am