Victis Honor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victis Honor

Guild members of Victis Honor

4 posters

Dissapointed =(

BAMF
    BAMF

Dissapointed =( Empty Dissapointed =(

Post  BAMF Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:35 pm

So this week everyone pretty much agreed to step it up in the ladder. I took it on as my duty as an officer in this fine guild to rock it out. So this week I started off my journey just above 1500, due to my massive spam habit. With a bit of coaching from DAK, and a bit more attention to detail, I quickly climbed up to the high 1900's. So this morning when I got up, I logged on to check my ladder rating. I was sitting at an ok rating of 1865. So I say to myself "I can win a few quickies here and push it back over 1900 so I can make it in the top 100" W R O N G. I sent out my well thought out challenges, expecting to win a few quick ones an hour before the ladder reset. I had about a half an hour left before the ladder reset, and I hopped in the shower before work. To my horror and dissapointment, my ladder rating dropped to 1700... and I ended up at 200th on the ladder. I was super dissapointed. So I get home tonight after a long day of work, and check my rating.... 1860, which would have put me in the top 100 by a hair!@!!!@@!!!!! So long story long, I DID in fact, make a bunch of wise challenges, just got unlucky with who answered them in the time period before it reset. Oh well, better luck next time. Moral of the story is, if it ain't broke don't fix it lol!
    Calico Jack

Dissapointed =( Empty Re: Dissapointed =(

Post  Calico Jack Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:50 pm

Did you really get unlucky or is that the people who answered your challenges the ones who believed they could beat you, while the ones who thought you'd win held off from answering your challenge until after the rankings?

I think it is probably unwise to send out challenges during the 24 hour period prior to being ranked just for that reason.

Although obviously a few of those people you challenge legitimately won't be around to answer your challenges too. I was one of the people who you challenged who wasn't around to respond until after the ladder was over. Although in my case I wouldn't have been doing you a favor since I won that match when I did answer it.
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:01 am

See, I never noticed that not answering a challenge is a strategy. I guess in the long grind for tokens, people do what needs to be done. But then again, we are in Victus Honor, and we should answer challenges as soon as possible. Bah to those who do not.
    Dark as Knight
    Dark as Knight
    Admin

Post  Dark as Knight Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:41 pm

Some ladder challenge advice/strategy:

The better your rank, the more you stand to lose and the less you stand to gain.

This means that if you already have a high rank stay close to the minimal amount of matches you can get...see top 25 for confirmation on how many matches they all played this week.

Sometimes you have to be patient and accept the fact that your ranking will improve next week instead of this one.
    BAMF
    BAMF

Post  BAMF Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Yeah, I get it now, I haven't put much effort into ladders until this last week, so lesson learned!

Post  Guest Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:21 pm

yeah i gotta say i hate losing where i am now cos the smallest mistake and iave lost 3-4 matchs worth of wins in one!!! grr went from 2100 to 1950 in 10 matches! like to say luck but they did just hammer me:)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:48 am