Victis Honor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victis Honor

Guild members of Victis Honor

5 posters

Against Gaze

Morifet
    Morifet

Against Gaze Empty Against Gaze

Post  Morifet Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:30 am

So I have just reached level 42, but the problem I now run into is that I am facing a lot of level 45 gazers, and sometimes even the level 40 ones kill me. It seems that with Insect Swarm, there is no way for me to fight it, as I put all my points into perception. I also have slow, but I do not think I can compete with the gazers in terms of physical damage as their states are more spread out.

I know BAMF has a gazing druid, so, any advise on what it is that you fear the most? Anyone? Cause if quick duels are giving me problems, I can't imagine ladders and tournies being less forgiving. Thanks in advance.
    NuclearBlast
    NuclearBlast

Against Gaze Empty Re: Against Gaze

Post  NuclearBlast Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:58 am

If you are going up against Gaze, you need a highly offensive Insects loadout. Preferably, you want to be dealing 300+ damage with your insects after you've been gazed. It's also useful to go first and get in your first insects turn before they gaze you, so a slightly higher than normal perception is useful as well. Don't worry about your health whatsoever: you need to kill them within 5-6 turns or you are going to die anyway. Use the first 5 turns to deal as much as damage as possible. Sometimes a well-placed void to try and void their Mend action can be very useful. Don't bother with roots: instead try to use Holy Hand Grenade to get in an extra 200 or so damage. Finally, Talisman of Death helps a lot versus gaze, taking off at least 300 health usually. After turn 5, start planning on trapping them down. Use roots as much as possible and try to get in the last bit of damage with some extra swings from Guardian Strikes.

The good gazers, I'm afraid to say, will be nearly impossible to beat. Their resistance is too high for you to deal with, and for them (when I say them, I refer to people such as DejaBrew and ltwo, two of the best gazers), perhaps a tornado or two early on can help you get in some damage, but they always seem to keep a high resist and hit hard once they start gaining back their attributes.

Hope this helps a bit! I use insects QD and in elite duelists and I have no trouble beating most gaze builds: it is the well-played ones that are difficult.
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:49 am

I see. So maybe wield a wand for extra damage? I put all the points into perception, so that is about 10 higher than my intelligence. However, that would require a respec, which I do not have at the moment. I will try to use the action sets to my advantage then. Thanks.
    Boldon

Post  Boldon Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:17 am

I actually don't find gazers that hard to beat, most of them are going down pretty fast, only really good guys like the before mentioned itwo can give me trouble. Since i'm using gaze and swarm my loadout is kinda layed out to lose one stat, having slightly more perception than int keeps my wand damage high during a fight against a gazer. If you use a wand Swipe is your best friend here. Also i've switched from voiding the enemy to a n early mend, gives you the few extra hp you might need after turn 6.

Just in time Wink
    http://www.duels.com/fights/narrate/211607749
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:28 am

What if you do not use a wand? I used to go gaze/swarm, but I do not think my stats were correct, so I spent my last free trial cc on a respec. Now I have Slow/Swarm, which does work against some warriors and the like, and put all attributes in perception. What would you advise for me at this moment, or should I respec again (at maybe lv 45) and do a gaze/swarm?

If possible, could you post your attributes/skills as an example for me?

Also, if I do go for the wand, should I go hook or rose?

Thanks in advance.
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:47 pm

raise your int bro, so your INS damage will not be reduced, spam him with stun actions set, then wish that the gazer will not resist your INS. Smile
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:29 pm

lendell wrote:raise your int bro, so your INS damage will not be reduced, spam him with stun actions set, then wish that the gazer will not resist your INS. Smile

A bit of a risk with all that poison in the set, but I will take a slim chance to no chance at all. Thanks! I am going back to see what I can do with my loadout/action sets.
    Hawk Silverleaf
    Hawk Silverleaf

Post  Hawk Silverleaf Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:13 am

If you can get your speed or stamina a bit higher than INT & perception, then the gazer won't gaze your stats that affect the Insect Swarm. http://www.duels.com/items/view/4470 These Slagblade boots may help. Your INT and Percept take a hit, but they give decent armor. Try other speed or stamina gear. Might save you some C-coins if you don't have to respec.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:15 am