Victis Honor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victis Honor

Guild members of Victis Honor

+15
Megalodon100
B'LAN T'SERA
spank you
Nicklachey
lendell
Hawk Silverleaf
RGM
Cathara
xXRedRumXx
SanKraN
Azgalor the Forgoten
Dark as Knight
Sam Seed
shadowice
5 vegas
19 posters

Going forward....

5 vegas
    5 vegas
    Admin

Going forward.... Empty Going forward....

Post  5 vegas Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:43 pm

OK folks. Here is what I have come up with going forward. And I'm going to leave a lot of the direction in your hands. I'll basically do what I can to steer the ship. I want as much input as I can possibly get to, so make sure you let me know.

1) Do we stay or do we go now? - Basically, DaK wants us to maintain relations with the new guild, and somewhat serve as a training guild. And make all of our players interchangeable. I've thought about this more and more and more, and I'm not sure how constructive that will be for us, or how it will make a good team environment. That all being said, if everyone wants this direction, then so be it. If not, then what I want is to become something a little non-traditional. Most people here group guilds in to 2 groups. Competitive and friendly. Why can't we have both? Seriously, I'd like to know why. It is possible. I have no reason to see why we can't. I think we HAVE to have a good mix of both in order to survive. This is where I'd like to be.

2) Promotions. As I told Yelana, I've had one person contact me directly about an officers spot, she has nominated some individuals as well, and I have a couple in mind also. I would love to promote from within, however, in order to best get the right balance, that might not be 100% possible. Not saying I'm going to bring in nothing but outsiders, but don't be surprised if I pick a couple to throw into the mix. The way I plan on doing it is like this. I'll take direct PM's, nominations, etc until Wednesday of next week. At that time, I'll post a listing of those that have been nominated or have asked to be nominated. I'll the present the list. It will then get voted on. And I will ask that it be done no later than Friday of next week so we can get things moving.

3) Active or inactive? This ain't gonna be a question. - As it says. If you're inactive, leave. NOW. And I mean that in the sense of if you aren't willing to communicate, then you need to fly solo. I'm not talking about, I'm out of town for 3 weeks on work, or I'm off to school, etc. That isn't being inactive. If you want to ride the guild coat tails, then I don't want you here. It is inactivity and lack of communication that has led to this "split" with DaK and his guys. I won't have it here. I will also be sending PM's to EVERY member. I ask that you respond to them so I know who is and isn't checking messages and logging in regularly. Note, I said regularly, not daily, hourly, etc.

4) Personalities. - We have all types. I'm a different bread than most, if you haven't figured out that already. However, regardless of how big of an ass I am, no matter how big of a jerk I can be, my goal is 100% this guilds success. I want us to succeed. I will tell you EXACTLY like it is. You might not like it, you might want the warm, fuzzy, sugar coated story. If so, then please un-fasten your seatbelt, and jump out of the plane. You will not get it. And I FULLY expect the same from everyone else. That being said, if your thoughts or ideas do not meet the best needs and directions for the guild, then that will be the end of it. I know we will disagree. However, if there is a decision that needs to be made, I'll make it in the best interests of VH. Yes, we will be voting on certain things. Yes, I will be asking for input on certain things. Will I be asking for input on EVERY issue? NO. Mark it down. Count on it. Get over it. There are somethings that it just isn't practical to put to a vote, and those decisions need to be made.

Negativity - If you have ANY, and you aren't 100% behind making this guild work....Get your happy ass out, NOW. You aren't welcome, you aren't wanted, you won't be well liked or thought of. Just leave. I don't want to know you reasons, I don't care why you're not stay. I just want you GONE. As fast as humanly possible at that. Those of us that do want to be here have more important things to do that listen to your incompetent thoughts on why VH sucks now, why we're "sinking", yadda, yadda, yadda. You post will be deleted upon site. So don't bother typing it.

Positivity - I want this. I know we ALL have thoughts, doubt, concerns. And that is fine. Bring them up, in a constructive light, and we will address them. But if you're already going, I don't think this is gonna work, what are we gonna do now, why did this happen, I want the old guild back, I suggest one of two thought processes. 1) Get it out of you head and move on with this guild and make it work. 2) Get out and go somewhere else. It's pretty simple.

So, that is what I've come up with to date. As I stated, I want feedback. However, I don't want stupidity or nonsense things that have no relative meaning to the guilds success. And again, please respond directly to me in-game regarding activity. Thank you all, and I look forward to making this work out better than it was before.
    shadowice
    shadowice

Going forward.... Empty Re: Going forward....

Post  shadowice Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Good post i like, maybe can we get some guides up in the forums. Sure some of these strat's may seem meaningless to a lot, but if there's 1-2 new things you learn from someone else experiences that helps make the guild better as a whole and that's what we are after. Im still new and ill admit theres tons of builds and such id like to try but dont really have the capital to attempt it.
    Sam Seed

Post  Sam Seed Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:16 pm

I don't think that it is a good idea for VH to be a farm team for Dark's new guild. The only way that we are going to get better as a guild is to retain our talent. As a matter of fact, if the guilds are going to be completely separate, I think that it is only common courtesy that he would not try to recruit from this guild, or any guild, once the break is complete.
    Dark as Knight
    Dark as Knight
    Admin

Post  Dark as Knight Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:00 pm

I'd like to clarify that I don't intend for VH to become a training guild for Imminence. I'd like to sort this out now. If someone from VH would like to play at an ultra competitive level then apply to Imminence. It is completely up to you if you choose to use VH as a training ground for Imminence. However, Vegas and I have already discussed that VH and Imminence are two separate entities. I intend to respect VH as a stand alone guild and I look forward to any challenges coming my way at Imminence.
    Azgalor the Forgoten
    Azgalor the Forgoten

Post  Azgalor the Forgoten Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:31 pm

First of all , while Prodigy was a positive experience, it was horrible to have your guild disbanded when it was no longer "working out" . So I'm against training guilds even if that doesn't happen to this one because at one point I didn't even want to move on to Process since I liked the Prodigy community too much. I'm a sucky personality type since I'm fiercely loyal. If this does turn into a training guild I'll just ask to stay here. Recruiter - tester - helper - anything.

Second, me wants officer Very Happy. (the grammar faults are intentional, I hope you know me well enough to notice that by now. )

In the end... Vegas for president!!!
    SanKraN
    SanKraN

Post  SanKraN Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:36 pm

I am 100% agree with you vegas...as i sayid in an older post in the forum..we need competitive and smart players..verry active that want to make a difference Twisted Evil..this guild is not for newbies that join, just to take a slice of the bread.. Rolling Eyes
    xXRedRumXx
    xXRedRumXx

Post  xXRedRumXx Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:00 pm

Twisted Evil Dont matter to me i bust ass anywere im at Twisted Evil
    Sam Seed

Post  Sam Seed Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:03 pm

Dark as Knight wrote:I'd like to clarify that I don't intend for VH to become a training guild for Imminence. I'd like to sort this out now. If someone from VH would like to play at an ultra competitive level then apply to Imminence. It is completely up to you if you choose to use VH as a training ground for Imminence. However, Vegas and I have already discussed that VH and Imminence are two separate entities. I intend to respect VH as a stand alone guild and I look forward to any challenges coming my way at Imminence.

That's good to hear. I was responding primarily to Vegas' first point in the original post. I'm glad it is sorted out.
    Cathara

Post  Cathara Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:45 pm

1) Do we stay or do we go now? - I have no problems with cross-guild interaction here. If both guilds can be better served through collective advice and testing, the better it is for both.

2) Promotions. - A lot of us are relatively new to VH, I doubt that many would take offense to bringing in fresh blood to fill officer roles. In the end its up to you, votes and nominations probably should be taken into consideration, but not for a final say.

3) Active or inactive? - No problems here. If I plan on going inactive for a long period of time I will most likely retire from whatever guild I am a part of. Heads up: I will be out of town for a week starting this Sunday.

4) Personalities. - Tolerance is the key here, if you can't take criticism, you probably won't learn or advance much. If you don't get along with another member, it's not something that will require massive drama or guild splitting.

5) Negativity/Positivity - There's a fine line between "thoughts on why VH sucks" or why it's sinking versus trying to identify problems that need to be addressed. Both are needed in some moderation I think, with the emphasis, as you said, being on constructive criticism.
    RGM
    RGM

Post  RGM Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:11 pm

1) Do we stay or do we go now? - I don't like the idea of being a training guild as well. But since DaK has already said it, then it's done, we're separate from that other guild. If people want to apply there, they should be given a chance. And I agree that we should be competitively friendly.

2) Promotions. - I'm also relatively new, playing for only 2 months now. If outside intervention is what you would like, 5V, then it's okay with me. You did say that the guild will get a chance to vote, so I guess that is where our small voices will be heard.

3) Active or inactive? - I'm not going anywhere. I'm active even if I can't compete at the highest levels. Like I said before, I'm still in the process of gaining resources, but that won't stop me from being competitive.

4) Personalities. - I'm fine with anybody. If I have a problem with someone, I'll say it.

5) Negativity/Positivity - I'm all for the positives. Let's bring some constructive input from everyone and brainstorm if needed. Let's move forward and make the guild better.
    Hawk Silverleaf
    Hawk Silverleaf

Post  Hawk Silverleaf Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:48 pm

I'm here to have fun. Winning is fun, losing is not.
    Sounds like 5Vegas is on a positive path and if. I love the optimism & I love the no-BS attitude. If VH is steered down a similar path, then I am aboard.

I have a lot of respect for DaK and the other guys joining Imminence. It takes dedication and a lot of work to get your game to such a high level. I hope that all the knowledge and strategy they have isn't lost now. We should have an open relationship with those guys. So.... Imminence is the Major League and VH is still Triple-A. I've always thought that Duels, in general, should have some sort of split for the elite players that are obviously a cut above everyone else....and not just Elite Ladder. Its just a natural ordering of things.

It does seem a bit odd that there would be a complete separation. In other MMOG's I've played, the professional players would simply create a branch guild.... (VH-Pro for example)and leave the base guild as a more casual thing. But, I've only been here a month, so I will just go with the flow. I feel like we are in good hands with 5Vegas.

cheers,
    Hawk
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:51 pm

I agree to this, I didn't see any problem in here, 2 thumbs up for this!
    shadowice
    shadowice

Post  shadowice Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:45 pm

loving everyones positive attitudes was afraid so many people i love to play and chat with were going to run to new guild but it seems like majority is staying put.
    Nicklachey

Post  Nicklachey Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:41 pm

My thoughts on the whole thing is summed up with one word: Why?

Why choose to leave and create another guild instead of filling in the last few spots in the tourney team or train up members? Wouldn't it be easier just to go apply to one of the guilds?

Why can't we have both as Vegas put it? Competitive and friendly? The tourney team was a great idea...continually build that up and train people, invite people etc.

Why start a guild with essentially the same people instead of just staying? Unless you plan on pulling people from Process, Monks or FC then it's going to be the same people that we're available in VH or free agents out there.

If the guild wouldn't have done badly against FC would this have ever been brought up? I didn't think we'd be able to beat Process, Monks or FC. They are all much better equipped than us collectively and have been playing longer.

And I don't mean this to sounds like a negative post...I just don't understand why.
    5 vegas
    5 vegas
    Admin

Post  5 vegas Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:42 pm

Not negative at all. I've thought the exact same things...
    RGM
    RGM

Post  RGM Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:03 am

Nicklachey wrote:My thoughts on the whole thing is summed up with one word: Why?

My sentiments exactly. However, this has already happened, and we can't change it back. And that is why this thread is entitled "Going forward...". Very Happy Look to the future, and not linger in the past. Let's aim for being better, so that next time those Guild RRs happen we would have a better fighting chance.
    spank you

Post  spank you Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:25 am

Ok time for me to weigh in on this whole thing! I think everything happens for a reason, I don't mind so much that DAK wants to create a new guild, I think he wanted this guild to become the nemesis to spreadsheet nerds of the interwebs. Can't blame someone for what they want. I personally have no ill will towards anyone who may be moving to the new or already established guilds! I am saddened I do feel abandoned (obviously who wouldn't) by who introduced me to this guild but you know it is ok we will still enjoy this, we will still battle and we will still value our respect! Really without DAK, Jowl's and Vegas's work this whole thing would not have been as much fun as it has been! Luckily we still have Vegas and whomever has decided to stick around! I think Vegas is more than up to the task of running the show here! I think we should immediately get a head count of who is still here and start to concentrate on finding our strengths and weaknesses through some more guild tourneys (hopes gatta has lost some resist for the next one), looking to players that can help fill the void wherever possible. I would like to be involved in inter-guild tourneys as soon as possible! I would however like to do the tourneys with other guilds under the radar, no stupid general forum threads showing wins and losses, stupid taunts, or any of the drama and ego stoking there, I don't need to prove anything I just want to fight! I am spank you and I approve this rant!
    RGM
    RGM

Post  RGM Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:34 am

I like the idea of battling guilds "under the radar". Smile That way no one can say that we're a bunch of weaklings if we battle relatively unknown guilds. It will be good practice for us!

As for inter-guild tourneys... don't we have the Guild Ladder for that? Smile
    5 vegas
    5 vegas
    Admin

Post  5 vegas Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:37 am

Part of what I'm thinking of is each of the officers has a team, and we compete weekly in a ladder style format within the guild. But I'll wait until they fix the bugs.

Also, if you'll notice on the guild page, I removed all the "Guilds vanquished" stuff. No reason for it.
    B'LAN T'SERA
    B'LAN T'SERA

Post  B'LAN T'SERA Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:38 am

yeah, i'm gonna wait till the kinks with certain openers and actions gets sorted before doing anything seriously.

until then, let's help vegas with gearing up VH for the path to awesome Razz
    Megalodon100

Post  Megalodon100 Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:46 am

I'm nominating my self for officer, and I hope that, if elected, I would be able to continue to make us a competitive guild, through my endless ideas. *Hides before crowd starts throwing tomatoes*
    B'LAN T'SERA
    B'LAN T'SERA

Post  B'LAN T'SERA Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:54 am

ambushed mega with a tomato soon as he's backstage

Last edited by B'LAN T'SERA on Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:00 pm

I think I should be nominated, after all, I am a good looking girl Wink
    5 vegas
    5 vegas
    Admin

Post  5 vegas Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:01 pm

Hell, I'll resign and make you guildmaster. Smile
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:04 pm

sweeet, first new rule, everyone must type in pink or fuschia. Next all forum posts must end with kisses and finally, all PMs to me must start, Oh Mistress of Awesomeness. Follow these rules or your out :p

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:44 am