Victis Honor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victis Honor

Guild members of Victis Honor

2 posters

The Quest.

Megalodon100

The Quest. Empty The Quest.

Post  Megalodon100 Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:24 pm

This is about... 6 months old, and needs a lot of revising, but I thought that I would post it here for y'all to glance at.

And yes, I know the wep's are OP. They will be adjusted to be in line with the kneesnappers, I supose.

Anyways, I like the inkheart trilogy (inkheart, inkspell, inkdeath) and I was thinking that the “power” from that book series would work well in a quest series. (the power from the books is that when the main character (or a few others) read aloud from a book, the things in that book come to life. Example: Main character reads a passage from Treasure Island aloud, a pile of gold coins appear.) So I'm gonna have the little girl who discovers this “power” and comes to you to help them get rid of the monsters that she reads out of a books. (this is why it is activated by the Reading Lessons quest) At the end, they discover what their ability can do and can read you something out of a book. I was thinking that you get one weapon of your choice from a particular set of weapons (you know, one per path or something), non-tradeable of course, but you have to fight a boss monster specific to that weapon that comes out of the book with it. That would be the last quest. I think I'm gonna have the little brother do something important... Anyways, here is what I have so far.

Quest One: Little Miss Muffet...

Suddenly, you see a girl running down the street with a hideous monster chasing her. The monster looks like it came from some kind of fairy tale.

Accept?

Thank you for accepting this quest

You are on your way home that evening from your duel with the Dirty Rotten Zombie in which you learned to read scrolls. You stop by the booth that sells books about legendary duelists in Phyrra. A book catches your eye about a quartet of duelists, one of each class, who were very rich and owned some of the best items in Phyrra. It talks about their rise to wealth, and then their sudden disappearance – with all of their weapons too. It has one story about each duelist, in which they used their favorite weapon, which was unique to that duelist. They were so famous that they were simply call the Fearsome Four: The Mage, The Druid, The Warrior, and The Assassin. You like the book enough to buy it.
    As you hand the vendor your money, a girl runs down the street with a spider chasing her. You step out into the street in front of the girl and tell the her to calm down and relax. You will handle this thing. You ask her where it came from.
    She says, “I'm not totally sure. I was reading my brother a bedtime story and this thing suddenly appeared next to his bed. It resembles the evil monster in the story I was just reading.”
    Suddenly, you realize that the monster should have reached you by now. You turn around to see where it is, and see it swinging its front legs right at you.

Duck! (fight)

spider level 3 (you beat Dirty Rotten Zombie (level 4), so this should be an easy fight)

rewards:
    The onlookers thanks for saving them too
    xp:100
    gold:15
    tokens:30

The girl thanks you for saving her from the monster, as do all of the onlookers, who were very frightened. She offers to take you to her house to have dinner tomorrow with her family: her younger brother, and her mother, who works in the evenings, but has tomorrow off.

End of the first quest. This quest will activate the second quest automatically.

Quest Two:...and the Three Bears

The next day has arrived. It is dinner time. You head for the address that the girl gave you yesterday.

Accept?

You walk slowly down the street as you think over the fight the other day. What a strange monster that was. You have never seen a spider that large before. As you get closer to the house, you see a man attacking one of the Khan in the street. Everyone else is running away. You can't let him do this!

Stop him! (fight)

“I'll get these filthy shedding cats out of my city no matter what it takes!”

level 10 fight with Slan Baran.

Rewards:
    bounty
    100 gold
    50 tokens

You drag him to the shindaan guardians of the city, with him protesting the whole way along. The guardian says, “This man is a wanted man for the killing of several more Khan. He is also a robber. It is lucky that you happened to pass by when you did.”

It is now getting late as you head once more for the house of the girl that you saved yesterday. As you get close, you hear a woman's voice screaming! Rushing towards the sound, you see the girl from yesterday again, this time pursued by a trio of bears.

Save her again! (fight)

level 9 “baby bear”

Rewards:
    combat xp
    50 xp

Get the next bear! (fight)

level 10 “mama bear”

Rewards:
    combat xp
    50 xp

The final bear attacks! (fight)

level 11 “papa bear”

Rewards:
    “Bear” necessities
    200 xp
    50 gold
    30 tokens

The girl takes you into her house and, after assuring her brother that he is safe, introduces you to her mother, who thanks you profusely, for saving her daughter, not once, but twice!

Quest End

Quest Three: King's Man

After you calm the family down, you sit down to dinner, now cold, and begin to try to find out what is going on.

Accept?

As you sit down for dinner, you notice that when the girl talks, she has the most beautiful voice that you have ever heard. The dinner, though cold, is not bad. It is a kind of stew, with meat in it that you are not sure what kind it is. It tastes like chicken.
    You attempt to start a conversation with the mother. After several fruitless minutes, you only learn that her name is Teresa.
    Talking to the girl produces more results.
    “So, tell me, what is your name,” you ask, with a smile
    She replies, “I go by Meg as my nickname. I used to have a different name, but nobody uses it anymore.”
    Then you ask, “Can you tell me a in a little more detail what has been happening recently?.” When she hesitates, you add, “I don't mean to pry or anything, I'm just curious. I'm just wondering if I can help out.”
    She glances at her mother, who reluctantly nods her approval for Meg to go on. “Well, I think that it has something to do with the book that I sometimes read bedtime stories to my brother from. I started doing this a week ago, not long after auntie El taught me how to read. Mom has done this for him for years, but she has been especially busy with her business lately. She was robbed a few years ago by someone named...”
    Teresa interrupts, and says in an irritated tone, “Slan Baran. Not that it is any of your business.”
    You explain how you captured him just today, and Teresa expresses her gratitude for your deed. To get back on subject, you ask Meg, “What is so special about this book?”
    She thinks a moment before replying, “Well, I don't know. Mommy has had it for as long as I can remember. She says that daddy brought it back through the portal before he di...”
    “Meg!! You know that you are not supposed to talk about that in-front of strangers!” Interrupts Teresa.
    Meg protests, “But mommy, he saved me and caught that guy who robbed from you! He's a friend.”
    Her mom sighs, “Very well. I will go make sure that my Mark is sleeping soundly, this is too painful for me to hear.”
    After Teresa leaves the room, Meg continues, “Mark is my little brother. My father was a seeker. He occasionally brought things back from the places he visited. We lived well in those days. Or so mommy tells me, I was very young then, and Mark was not even born yet, according to her. See here, he once brought back this device of far-seeing from one of the places he visited. The storybook came from another trip. Anyways, he disappeared about nine years ago, and we know that he is dead.”
    Here there is a pause as the Meg begins to sob quietly. Teresa comes back into the room. “Mark is sleeping quietly. Meg loved her father, and misses him very much.”
    Meg gathers herself together and continues, “I first read from the book that daddy brought me a week ago. I was reading a story about a boy who lost his shadow and was friend with a fairy. Suddenly, there was a rustling noise, and I saw the a small creature, glowing, and with wings, trying to fly out of the window. I think it was the fairy from the book.”
    You can only stare in astonishment. This must be an amazing book.
    Meg continues, “Mommy was home the every night after that and read to Mark, so she read to him. Last night however, she was working late, and I had to read to him. I read him a story about some silly girl who was sitting on something called a “tuffet.” I was getting to the interesting part – a spider scaring her – when it fell from the celling the ground and scared me instead. Thanks for saving me. Tonight I had to read again because mommy was cooking for you. I was reading about another silly girl. Silly girl tales seem to be my brother's favorite. Anyways, this one was about some girl named Goldilocks. Again, when I got to the interesting part – the bears chasing her – I looked up and saw them chasing me!”
    You think for a while, then ask Teresa, “Have you ever done this while reading to him?”
    She immediately replies, “No, I most certainly have not!”
    Meg says, “Want me to read another story to you?”
    You prepare your self and say, “yes, but a non-scary story, please.”
    She reads an interesting story about an egg that fell off of a wall. This time, a knight in shining armor rides in and attacks you with his sword.

Fight him!

Level 20 King's Man

Reward:
    King's Man's Posessions
    50 xp
    50 gold
    Knight's Sword

Knight's Sword
    Quest Set
    Sword
    25-45
    Power: 200
    Stam: +10
    Str: +10
    Perc: +10
    Hit: +2%

(I'm not a warrior. Is this OP/UP for a quest item?)

They thank you again for saving them. You warn Meg not to read from that book any more, because you are not always going to be there to help. You will think about this and come back. Her mother says that she will be at home to meet you in three days.

End of quest.
    Megalodon100

The Quest. Empty Re: The Quest.

Post  Megalodon100 Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:24 pm

Quest Four: … and the big bad wolf.

You think about it for a few days and some more questions. It is now time to go back to Teresa's house. You decide to bring a book with you about the classification of birds.

Accept?

Thankfully, you have an uneventful trip to the house, with no fights. No monsters come out of the house. As you go in, you see that the house was once much nicer, but has fallen into disrepair. This is likely because the girl's father left.

You ask her to pick out another story from her book and read it.

This story is about three little pigs and the houses that they built, and the wolf that was chasing them.

You are nervous, but you know that, since the wolf dies, you will probably just get a pig out of the story. That thought makes you hungry.

When she gets to the part where the wolf falls down the chimney into a pot of boiling water, you here a thud behind you. Turning, you see that the wolf fell down their chimney.

Fight him! (fight)

The wolf looks around, and roars, “Where are the pigs?! I will kill you for hiding them!”
    You fight a level 30 Big Bad Wolf

Rewards:
    Combat xp
    50 xp

You are glad that the wolf was dispatched so easily.

Teresa says, “Thank you for saving us again, I don't know where we would be without you.
    You reply that it is just part of your job. You wonder if this is the only book that Meg can read things from. You remember that the knight brought a sword with him. You wonder if the book that you bought about the legendary duelists would work, because you feel that you are more powerful than they were, and you really want one of their weapons. Do you want to read about The Druid, The Mage, The Warrior, or The Assassin?

Choice...

You choose The Druid (spd int per stam balance staff), The Mage (int with some stam wand), The Warrior (str with a little stam sword), or The Assassin (spd per dagger).

You chose... The Mage!

You quickly run home to grab the book for Meg to read out of, and tell them that you will be back soon.

Accept?

Again, your trip is fairly uneventful. You quickly grab the book and race back to Teresa's house, your heart racing even faster than your feet at the thought of the marvelous weapon that may soon be yours. As you run through the streets, other people stare at you in wonder, Phyrra is generally a slower city, not many people run through the streets. You dodge an oncoming cart, and jump over a sleeping dog. You arrive at Teresa's house out of breath, and hand the book to Meg. You show her the chapter that you want her to read. As you try to relax, she begins to read, “They say that The Mage was fearsome to behold! He could turn into a ferocious beast at will, shield himself in a fiery cocoon, or kill anyone with a few hits of his wand!”
    Suddenly The Mage appears infront of you, hidden inside his fiery cocoon, and begins at attack you, first hitting Meg with his wand.

Defend yourself! (fight)

You fight a level 40 The Mage who uses fireshield and actions.

Rewards
    Magical loot
    1500 xp
    250 gold
    300 tokens
    1 Wand of The Mage

Wand of The Mage
    Power 1001
    Damage 35-115
    Armor + 250
    Int +90
    Stam +25
    Legendary

You quickly hurry Meg to the hospital. A few days later she is healing, but sadly will never be able to talk again, her jaw was broken to badly by The Mage's wand. You offer your deepest apologies to Teresa, who waves them off and profusely thanks you again. You wonder if anyone else has this particular talent.

The end!

You chose... The Druid!

You quickly run home to grab the book for Meg to read out of, and tell them that you will be back soon.

Accept?

Again, your trip is fairly uneventful. You quickly grab the book and race back to Teresa's house, your heart racing even faster than your feet at the thought of the marvelous weapon that may soon be yours. As you run through the streets, other people stare at you in wonder, Phyrra is generally a slower city, not many people run through the streets. You dodge an oncoming cart, and jump over a sleeping dog. You arrive at Teresa's house out of breath, and hand the book to Meg. You show her the chapter that you want her to read. As you try to relax, she begins to read, “The Druid was almost an animal at times. He could fight with the ferocity of a cornered mother cat defending her young, could roar as ferociously as a lion, and it was said that the very trees embraced him!”
    Suddenly The Druid appears infront of you, wrapped up by several tree branches. He whacks Meg with his staff, and turns to attack you, roaring.

Defend yourself! (fight)

You fight a level 40 The Druid who uses fireshield and actions.

Rewards
    Natural loot
    1500 xp
    250 gold
    300 tokens
    1 Staff of The Druid

Staff of The Druid
    Power 1001
    Damage:35-115
    Armor 350
    Int +35
    Spd +35
    Per +35
    Stam +35
    Legendary

You quickly hurry Meg to the hospital. A few days later she is healing, but sadly will never be able to talk again, her jaw was broken to badly by The Druid's staff. You offer your deepest apologies to Teresa, who waves them off and profusely thanks you again. You wonder if anyone else has this particular talent.

The end!

You chose... the Warrior!

Accept?

Again, your trip is fairly uneventful. You quickly grab the book and race back to Teresa's house, your heart racing even faster than your feet at the thought of the marvelous weapon that may soon be yours. As you run through the streets, other people stare at you in wonder, Phyrra is generally a slower city, not many people run through the streets. You dodge an oncoming cart, and jump over a sleeping dog. You arrive at Teresa's house out of breath, and hand the book to Meg. You show her the chapter that you want her to read. As you try to relax, she begins to read, “The Warrior was incredibly strong, his arms were huge, he could rage like a barbarian, and his armor could absorb the strongest blows!”
    Suddenly, The Warrior appears infront of you, almost un-seeable behind gleaming, heavy armor. He whacks Meg with the handle of his sword. He attacks you ferociously.

Defend yourself! (fight!)

You fight a level 40 The Warrior, who uses Fortified armor, and actions.

Rewards
    Fortified loot
    1500 xp
    250 gold
    300 tokens
    1 Sword of The Warrior

Sword of The Warrior
    Power: 1001
    Damage: 35-115
    Armor: 250
    Stamina: +35
    Strength: +80
    Legendary

You quickly hurry Meg to the hospital. A few days later she is healing, but sadly will never be able to talk again, her jaw was broken to badly by The Warrior's sword. You offer your deepest apologies to Teresa, who waves them off and profusely thanks you again. You wonder if anyone else has this particular talent.

The end!

You chose... the Assassin!

Accept?

Again, your trip is fairly uneventful. You quickly grab the book and race back to Teresa's house, your heart racing even faster than your feet at the thought of the marvelous weapon that may soon be yours. As you run through the streets, other people stare at you in wonder, Phyrra is generally a slower city, not many people run through the streets. You dodge an oncoming cart, and jump over a sleeping dog. You arrive at Teresa's house out of breath, and hand the book to Meg. You show her the chapter that you want her to read. As you try to relax, she begins to read, “The Assassin was an amazing person to watch, when you could see him. He could mix up a potion to save himself from death, could wield his blades with a fury unmatched by any other, and his strikes always hit what he aimed for!”
    Suddenly, The Assassin appears infront of you, strikes Meg with his dagger handle, and turns quickly to fight you.

Defend yourself! (fight)

You fight a level 40 The Assassin, who uses Precise strikes, and actions.

Rewards
    Hidden loot
    1500 xp
    250 gold
    300 tokens
    1 Dagger of The Assassin

Dagger of The Assassin
    Power: 1001
    Damage: 35-115
    Armor: 250
    Speed: +57
    Perception: +57
    Legendary

You quickly hurry Meg to the hospital. A few days later she is healing, but sadly will never be able to talk again, her jaw was broken to badly by The Warrior's sword. You offer your deepest apologies to Teresa, who waves them off and profusely thanks you again. You wonder if anyone else has this particular talent.

The end!
    Azgalor the Forgoten
    Azgalor the Forgoten

Post  Azgalor the Forgoten Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:53 am

Nice quest. The weapons could use some tuning down though.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content