Victis Honor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victis Honor

Guild members of Victis Honor

2 posters

Yelanas Shiled Slam

Poll

Was this any good

[ 2 ]
    Yelanas Shiled Slam Bar_left67%Yelanas Shiled Slam Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Yelanas Shiled Slam Bar_left33%Yelanas Shiled Slam Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Yelanas Shiled Slam Bar_left0%Yelanas Shiled Slam Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 3
    Yelana

Yelanas Shiled Slam Empty Yelanas Shiled Slam

Post  Yelana Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:05 am

Yelanas Shield Slam.

OKay so dont ask how or why I know this, Just trust me when I say it eorks, (ok, so I stole it from a pretty good Slammer, told him I was thinkig of repseccing to warrior)

MUSTS

You will need AT Least A Decap and an Abhorance. No other pairing is good enough ATM. THe str/Speed Bonus is vital.

The Sekim Ra Girdle is also very high on the wants list as is the Ironlanders cape.

2 Sink trinkets and a Sink helm are also very important.

IDEALLY you will want your stam higher than str for Gaze and DeD and speed up to about 175-200 (not hard with the Abhorance, decap, Cape and Girdle)

After Fort Bonus you want to be looking at Str 350, Speed 200, Stamina 450, absorb up in the region of 65% at least. As with most Shield builds, its going to be a tossup between Quickness and Defensive Power. Quickness is almost too good to ignore for those extra hits however, remember against FS for example and Ambush that could come back to bite your ass. OP is also an outside choice for those who have armor with High dodge or crits.

Personally I would say Arms, HB and SS is the ideal build here, HB Helps counter DeD and SP which are starting to get more popular and of course PS is another that can just wipe you out with just the volume of attacks. It can also help mitigate your lack of Quickness.

Arms is getting nerfed but it will still be good with 30% Str bonus for the arms damage. Even with the 350 you have from you SS Loadout, thats still 105 damage per term, BUT remember, once you click Dual Wield, as a slammer, you have the option to put a weapon in the off hand. OKay so you wont get the damage bonus' that true ambidextious players get but stick a concentrate in, folowed by a double swing and a Whirlwind, turn 2 thats 5 attacks each doing an additional 105 per turn, more if you have a weapon that has more str than the decap (ECK springs to mind and is less power, allowing you to up your armor a bit as well) so Its always good to have Arms even as a Slammer.

SS Action sets are very tricky. For instance, you dont REALLY want to stop the other person from attacking, thats where you make your money so to speak. With the abhorance and 200 Speed your slam chance is approx 32%, or one in 3 attacks.
    Your Absorb is going to be high because of the Shield but the Actions are where you will win or loose your fights. A Typical AS for the stats above will include BP. A Lot. With anything over 3500 HP, BP is a must have in your action set. After reviewing the Actions available to Warriors, heres a suggested Action set for general QDing.

BP > Void > ToD > Concussion > First Aid > BP > First Aid > Concussion > BP > Zerk

Voids can be very important. Id usually say in spot 1 or 2, Against most players they will hit you with a nasty Action to start, maybe Impede, ToD, Double Strike, Vamp Bolt, so try to negate one of the first two attacks, you might find you void a void but thats better than loosing a BP or First Aid. I chose Concussions because most players will be either hitting hard (PS, HP, Arms) Or Often and the damage Concussion does isnt insignificant with the stats we discussed earlier.

Shield Slam is one of the easiest to play, Hardest to get right. You can str stack of course and get that magical 1000 damage Slam in round 8 or 9 but absorb levels will be as low as 40% and thats just not going to cut it. Some people swear by the 'Bottle Slam' using a Wine Bottle or Cake from the Lot off as the weapon to maximise their speed and strength. I dont think this is a Bad idea but youll want about 300 speed and 400+ str and stamina, and even then, I really dont think you will have the best results.

So there you are. Yelanas Shield Slam. Some of this was borrowed info from forums, others from playing around with numbers and some from viewing fights and asking questions. I hope this helps!!

Coming soon: Precise Strikes Smile
    lendell
    lendell

Yelanas Shiled Slam Empty Re: Yelanas Shiled Slam

Post  lendell Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:31 am

great job on making this thread Yelana, I just want to add something, SS build don't really need an attack from your main hand, you have to depend on your shield, life, and armor, all of this can make a great somewhat over-all counter in any build, you can use knife, WDC styro weapon just to maximize your armor and stats, as of now I can only use my SS zerg- stacking against IS druids, better if you use BP( burning powder), concussion, zerg(for filler), and first aid. Smile

every 1% chance increase on my SS block rate is important for me, so you need to invest a better shield. Very Happy
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:33 am

oh, and don't forget to add the Styro-reform Halstora slam! lol
    Yelana

Post  Yelana Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:11 am

I understand where you are coming from but the speed on the decap gives you more block % (1% for 25 speed) and thats why I suggested it. I did mention that IMO 'Bottle Slams' and 'Zerk stacking' are an alternative route but you wont see many of the best Slammers in the game opting to do this. I know it CAN be effective, but I was writing a general guide and thats obviously open to iterpretation.

Im a druid so i have no idea if the theory works in practise, I spoke with 3 or 4 shield users to check my figures and they all agree it checks out. And if your stacking zerks, why not use a legendary weapon? Make use of the str bonus in your hits, against FS i cant see your sty-reform weapons being much help, but like I say, im a druid Smile
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:31 am

yup, in FS better use BBC or use decap in your SS, and better kill them fast! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:48 am