Victis Honor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victis Honor

Guild members of Victis Honor

5 posters

July 2 Update/ Staff Focus- Mind Amp

Hawk Silverleaf
    Hawk Silverleaf

July 2 Update/ Staff Focus- Mind Amp Empty July 2 Update/ Staff Focus- Mind Amp

Post  Hawk Silverleaf Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:40 am

quote="Blerg"
    Fixed a bug in Staff Focus that was causing it to do more dmg than it should based on Strength and less dmg than it should based on Intelligence. You can read the details here. Thanks to our forge players for helping us get this sorted out.

Considering this, what is the general consensus among the staff users here? Is an INT loadout better than a STR loadout? Considering Mind Amp increases INT by 15%, INT should be 15% higher than pure STR in damage calculations. The only advantage I see to STR-based now is the health bonus. Any opinions?
    Dark as Knight
    Dark as Knight
    Admin

July 2 Update/ Staff Focus- Mind Amp Empty Re: July 2 Update/ Staff Focus- Mind Amp

Post  Dark as Knight Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:25 am

The general consensus is that Int-based SF will perform better than Strength now.

Basically...I can't wait to see how hard my Dead World hits... =)
    Hawk Silverleaf
    Hawk Silverleaf

July 2 Update/ Staff Focus- Mind Amp Empty Re: July 2 Update/ Staff Focus- Mind Amp

Post  Hawk Silverleaf Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:09 pm

Seems to be working fine! lol
    Dark as Knight critically hits Hawk Silverleaf for 422 damage

Dark as Knight wrote:The general consensus is that Int-based SF will perform better than Strength now.

Dark as Knight
    Dark as Knight
    Admin

Post  Dark as Knight Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:17 pm

Dark as Knight wrote:The general consensus is that Int-based SF will perform better than Strength now.

...just imagine if you didn't gaze me Shocked
    ares16

Post  ares16 Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:23 pm

wow that is a good hit I might have to change now to make a HP load out with my 802 INT that might do some damage.
    Dark as Knight
    Dark as Knight
    Admin

Post  Dark as Knight Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Ares, you don't want any more than 450 int. Critical damage is based off of speed and perception, so you want those stats 250+.
    spank you

Post  spank you Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:58 pm

Damn I thought crit damage was based around speed and not perception, that perception just affected your crit %....
    Hawk Silverleaf
    Hawk Silverleaf

Post  Hawk Silverleaf Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:54 am

Dark as Knight wrote:Ares, you don't want any more than 450 int. Critical damage is based off of speed and perception, so you want those stats 250+.

Why 250?
    Dark as Knight
    Dark as Knight
    Admin

Post  Dark as Knight Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:35 pm

I believe the damage formula is optimized at 400 str/int 300 spd and 300 per.
    Gatta Moonfang

Post  Gatta Moonfang Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:17 pm

Dont forget that Str-SF can free 5 skill points from Mind Amp and put in somewhere else, like shimmer or magus blood.

Post  Guest Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:48 pm

does staff focus and mind amp stack do you know?
    Hawk Silverleaf
    Hawk Silverleaf

Post  Hawk Silverleaf Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:04 pm

Mint_Jelly wrote:does staff focus and mind amp stack do you know?
    Staff focus provides 40% and Mind Amp provides 60% of INT to STR when doing damage calc's. So, having 100 STR is equal to having 100 INT attribute points.

The advantage of Mind Amp is the 15% increase to INT.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:53 am