Victis Honor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victis Honor

Guild members of Victis Honor

+3
spank you
Boldon
Morifet
7 posters

Help against Arms

Morifet
    Morifet

Help against Arms Empty Help against Arms

Post  Morifet Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:59 am

Hey all. So I have been having some trouble with warriors using Arms. I tried Slowing them, but it does not work. Even my opponent seems to have figured this out by the second fight and went on a high resist path. I know I lack the stamina to take it on with Insects though. I am at a loss on what to do as it seems I always get paired up against this Arms warrior. So, does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Thanks in advance.

http://www.duels.com/fights/narrate/215766475
    http://www.duels.com/fights/narrate/215745513
    Boldon

Help against Arms Empty Re: Help against Arms

Post  Boldon Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:12 pm

Stun him and take his attacks, don't bother doing the Hit'em hard thing, your main focus has to be avoiding to be hit rather than doing much damage fast.
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:22 pm

Hmm, would that mean then that in the absence of action sets, it is almost impossible to win?

Thanks Boldon.
    Boldon

Post  Boldon Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:32 pm

Not impossible but really hard and luckdependant, high crit and dodge percentage can help you here, but without actions arms should be vulnerable to slow (since the concentration action is your biggest enemy). For a non-action slow vs. arms match a high crit percentage can also work wonders, your wand should do the rest (i just love those 600+ wand crits).
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:37 pm

Got it. I will have to redo some loadouts. Thanks!
    spank you

Post  spank you Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:08 am

gotta void and guess lucky to counter that henious concentration, with generous useage of princes talisman and you should at least have a fighting chance... Too bad there was no megan fox action to disrupt many many rounds of concentration...
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:00 pm

it's harder to win with actions to arms, because of their concentration, just depend on stuns, it will increase your chance to win. Smile
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:19 am

No, different loadouts and still lost. I guess no action tourneys are not my thing. At least not with that guy around. Oh well. Thanks for all the help guys!
    Hawk Silverleaf
    Hawk Silverleaf

Post  Hawk Silverleaf Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:51 am

You might try a high stamina/ high armor loadout. That will raise your constitution and cut into his Arms damage.

As a Gazer, I can cut into their Arms damage, and use actions to keep them from hitting me, but after round 10 (when I'm just starting to get strong), I've run out of actions while the Arms damage never stops.

Help against Arms Empty Armsssssss Help

Post  Guest Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:28 am

Guys i need some help also against stanima Arms! tried using slow high armour high HP(although hard with a IS druid) was thinking of a third opener pos NE wat do you think?

Check out this battle my actions were perfect but still no joy!

http://www.duels.com/fights/narrate/217534036

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:32 am

Saving this match! This never happens cheers

http://www.duels.com/fights/narrate/221030117
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:40 am

Mint_Jelly&Dhanshiri wrote:Saving this match! This never happens cheers

http://www.duels.com/fights/narrate/221030117

Oh! Against his resist gears and Geoclubs! Good job!
    5 vegas
    5 vegas
    Admin

Post  5 vegas Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:36 am

Wand swarm is best. Don't need a lot of stam. Wand swarm + frogs, mends, etc will work more than 50% of the time. This is what I used on Narciss all the time. I beat her plenty with it.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:57 am

Thats cool will see you in the top 25 this week then 5 with that wand/insects build yeah? i ave been at 14#(2204 points) b4 the patch so you think you can still do it now? I love wands but you gotta sacrafice too much power and armour to have one now to take on stam arms, HH or Ice?
    5 vegas
    5 vegas
    Admin

Post  5 vegas Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:25 am

Mint_Jelly&Dhanshiri wrote:Thats cool will see you in the top 25 this week then 5 with that wand/insects build yeah? i ave been at 14#(2204 points) b4 the patch so you think you can still do it now? I love wands but you gotta sacrafice too much power and armour to have one now to take on stam arms, HH or Ice?

The issue is to go SF with Wand access and not waste the skill points on WM. SF is more important, and it doesn't do THAT big of a difference.

And I'm not speccin back to Druid until I get moved over there as Path Rep. I'll not pull a Ceapa and switch paths while I'm the rep for another. If you look at Tabby, I think he's still Slow/Swarm. He had almost the same build I did. But a Mantle and DW help him out quite a bit. Smile

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Tabs is a slow/shakes and he can rule because of the volder boneplate and dead world trust me! look at all of tabs losses and there in the elite legendry ladder! me and sol have studied these for weeks pos month or so now perfecting them and without a deadworld your gonna struggle with a shakes build not that what was what we talking about!

Have you not got an alt you can spec to a druid ill lend you my wands if you need them! i have tried very hard with a wand/insects and theres just to many openers that you cant/struggle to take on!

People have tried to call me up on these things b4 yet no one will take on my challenge and prove me wrong by doing it! if its that easy why arent there any wandy insects in the top 50 pos top 75 havent looked past 50! and i dont mean any wandy Gayzers!
    Morifet
    Morifet

Post  Morifet Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:49 pm

Mint_Jelly&Dhanshiri wrote:
    Have you not got an alt you can spec to a druid ill lend you my wands if you need them! i have tried very hard with a wand/insects and theres just to many openers that you cant/struggle to take on!
    Tell me about it. I still cannot defeat Ares' Talak even with high absorb.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Ares talaks is any wandys worst nightmare its like ice storm for me now! i think even ares will say he never lost to me ever when i had a wand! Very Happy
    5 vegas
    5 vegas
    Admin

Post  5 vegas Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:26 pm

A good swarm with the correct action will make TT it's personal bitch. Trust me. If Tabby went shakes, it's been recent. He was Swarm. He and Tay and AC taught me. So I've had pretty decent tudors on that opener. Smile
    RGM
    RGM

Post  RGM Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:02 am

5 vegas wrote:
    The issue is to go SF with Wand access and not waste the skill points on WM. SF is more important, and it doesn't do THAT big of a difference.

But SF doesn't work if you have a Wand equipped, right? Or am I missing something here? Smile
    5 vegas
    5 vegas
    Admin

Post  5 vegas Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:54 am

RGM wrote:
    5 vegas wrote:

But SF doesn't work if you have a Wand equipped, right? Or am I missing something here? Smile

Yes, you are.

SF with wands 1/1 allows you to use wands when you need them, without sacrificing the benefits of SF when you need it. A good swarm druid will have at least 3-5 loadouts. PER, INT, STAM, BALANCED, WAND. Also helps to have a Gayze and Resist SF and Resist Wands builds. Going SF and WM is a idea that while it seems it would work, really never pans out. You can still hit plenty hard with wands without WM.
    RGM
    RGM

Post  RGM Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:38 am

Oh, okay. Smile Thanks for the clarification. Smile
    5 vegas
    5 vegas
    Admin

Post  5 vegas Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:40 am

Even though I'm still the Mage Rep, I respec Slow/Swarm last night. So if you guys need anything, let me know.

Post  Guest Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:23 pm

best of luck m8.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:34 am