Victis Honor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victis Honor

Guild members of Victis Honor

+2
Dark as Knight
ares16
6 posters

I'm looking for advice.

ares16

I'm looking for advice. Empty I'm looking for advice.

Post  ares16 Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:32 pm

I was thinking on respecting and was looking for some Ideas on where to put my ability pts right now I'm a mage that uses grems, TT and FS and I was kinda looking at the posibility of changing my starters but not sure...... but my biggest problem is where to put my ability pts.

right now I stack INT I have all my ability pts there and with my gear I can get up to 771 INT which is great for FS and I can get my INT to just over 700 and speed around 200 for my TT which can deal alot of damage.

But this is why I'm looking to do this I get destroyed by gaze and lose most of the time to IS. so I'm looking to stay competive with everyone else and still looking to beat these 2 as well.

so if there any ideas on what I should do that would be great you can post here or send a message........ and like the saying goes "there are no bad ideas" so please feal free to put your 2 cents in.
    ares16

I'm looking for advice. Empty Re: I'm looking for advice.

Post  ares16 Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:27 pm

Oh ya I'm having trouble with IP useres as well so if there is any advice on that as well that would be great.

Post  Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:32 pm

hey ares16

Well hold person works well against insect although if you ment ice storm i recommend IP works very well however you would have to ditch Fs which i do like (got a mage alt which am trying out!) hold person seems to work great(amazing) if you have a dead world? and gremlins although i dont know much about seems to be the perfered 3rd opener. am sure dark would be able to help you more but hold person is every druids nightmare! and tt of course grrrrrrrr!

For gaze just get a loadout with slighty higher speed or perception works well for me and IP mages

Post  Guest Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:40 pm

sorry dont need a higher stat for ip just go for high int and crit.
    Dark as Knight
    Dark as Knight
    Admin

Post  Dark as Knight Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:43 pm

Ares, my advice is to keep your current build.

There are going to be some major duels changes in the next few weeks, that won't be worth trying to figure out with a new build.

IP will also not be resisting as much any more.
    Luongo

Post  Luongo Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:46 pm

well that is great news on IP because that is my biggest problem they resist everything.... and when I use the lower resist it seems to make their resist better.

Mint..... I use TT agenst insect and I win about 85-90% of the time. and with HP I find insect and TT are a great way to counter that I can compete agenst almost all mages my biggest trouble is gaze and IS. I will lose to these about 80-90% of the time. I tryed the IP and found that I couldn't make a good build.....maybe I need more pratice with it.
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:37 am

I'm studying the MM/HP/IP now, I find that int for this build is not necessary, try to spend your points in str, agi, and perc. maximize you hit damage. Very Happy

Go for warrior/assassin armors and buy the new NS6 no int staff. Smile
    lendell
    lendell

Post  lendell Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:38 am

and also I want to add up the forge.duels.com , so you can test your planning build. Smile

Post  Guest Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:35 am

i agree with lendell go highish with int but have alot of speed specialy when using HP for the very big crits and high perception for IP to get the amount of crits rather than the size of the crits!
    ares16

Post  ares16 Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:45 pm

thx guys but here is one point though you say go for strenght, speed and percep so I get better crits and deal more damage...... but wouldn't it be better to try and keep the INT and just try to bring up speed and precep because for a staff player 60% of the INT goes for STR so right now with my FS and my INT being 771 that would bring my STR to 463 with out any skill pts on STR. so with the 10 I start with that would be 473 so if I can get gear that will bring my speed or precep up I can get the Crits and still have the INT to deal good damage with FS or if I keep GREM it will last alot longer.

But this is my problem that I'm going through I think of these thing and get help from you guy/girls and then get more confused because they are good Ideas and I want to do them all.

Post  Guest Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:24 pm

Because all three skills MM HP and IP dont require any int and you ll have to staff it because of your low int go for strength to buff the damage. the new staff is great for str and ip builds! make sure high speed for HH
    ares16

Post  ares16 Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:02 pm

well MM is more for people that weild wands which I do not..... sure HP and IP with STR is good but I don't have that much stuff that would be good for that the highest I could get my STR up to would be 250-300 with what I have. But with what I have on INT like I said it is about 470 which is better..... now I do have a fair amount for speed stuff and a little PRE stuff but I don't think I can get my PRE up high enough yet. I need more things I guess.... But if it is like Dark says and they are gonna revamp the IP where it doesn't resist as much then my FS should get them. it comes to gaze and IS. Now from what I've seen some builds of IP can take down IS but not many and Hold just doesn't cut it because they are so high resist and stam so that will not help too much and MM is no good because they don't crit much. gaze can beat IP I've seen it done and it will beat HP most of the time because it will get the STR or the SPE or even the PRE which is higher which will lower the power of the crit. so having them will not help a whole lot.

Post  Guest Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:18 pm

Have a look at big 'SoIitaire' not baby sol spelt the same with out a capital! hes a very good mage with ip hh and mm he can defeat nearly everthing although he has got good items look at how he goes against gaze etc

http://www.duels.com/fights/narrate/211986194
    ares16

Post  ares16 Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:57 pm

well I would change much for me if I have some artis..... if I could get the ones I want I might stand a chance..... but the way it is now I have to work with what I got and that is very little comparied to some of these gust that drop $1000 a month on this game (something I can't do) I spend what I can ang get packs with tokens but I mostly get blue and green in the NSVI so that doesn't help at all. when it comes to an IP build I just don't think I can pull it off.

I'm lookin for the most is where to put my ability pts......

like do I spread it out and or do I stack the 160pts on something and try to make up the difference with the gear I have..... My biggest problem with FS right now is the max LP I can get is a little over 2400 and have a good FS it would be 270 a shot.

Now if it is true that Dark says and the IP will be taken back a bit (when ever that my be) then my FS should stand a chance the way it is. then my trouble will be IS there is just nothing that I can throw at them to get them (the good IS users) the weak ones I can take down with TT and a good action set.
    Hawk Silverleaf
    Hawk Silverleaf

Post  Hawk Silverleaf Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:24 am

Mint_Jelly wrote:Have a look at big 'SoIitaire' not baby sol spelt the same with out a capital! hes a very good mage with ip hh and mm he can defeat nearly everthing although he has got good items look at how he goes against gaze etc

http://www.duels.com/fights/narrate/211986194
    Solitaire is definitely tough. I had nothing for him. That is a big pretty red staff he had too!

Ares, with your mage build, you are pretty much forced to put all your attribute points into INT. I was never happy with my Quick Duel win/loss ratio with my mages, so I went to Druids. It seems to me that mages have to pick and choose their battles very carefully, while Gaze of the Basilisk gives unique and sometimes very good results against almost all builds. This way, I can play a bit more with other stats, like STR, SPD, and PER.

If you want to beat a gazer, you've got to make a Mage loadout which has a high stat other than INT. For example, try to make a build where SPD or PER are 1-2 pts higher than your INT. Then, when you get gazed, you still have all your INT to play with. This is going to be tough though because Gremlins, TT, and FS need all the INT you can get. I'd suggest building a few (or 9) alts and experimenting with them.
    spank you

Post  spank you Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:39 am

have you tried putting all your attributes to int and using a mix of sin and stam gear to get even stat dist with stam being your highest stat? Certanly not a cost effective way but for someone who is sf it can really make life tough for gazers...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:15 am