Victis Honor

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Victis Honor

Guild members of Victis Honor

2 posters

Hawk Silverleaf

Hawk Silverleaf
    Hawk Silverleaf

Hawk Silverleaf Empty Hawk Silverleaf

Post  Hawk Silverleaf Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:00 pm

Greetings.

Thought I'd post a few notes here since I'm the noob of the guild.

To preface..... I'm 41 years old & married. I still love to play computer games and Duels is my current fave.

I started playing Duels a long time ago. I think it was 2007. Back then, things were different. Level 40 was the cap and actions were just created. Typical to most of my online game adventures (Ultima Online, World of Warcraft, Diablo, etc.) I became accustomed to playing mages. There is a lot of joy in smashing your foe with a hammer, but fire and ice shooting from the sky suits me better.

In 2007 I had 2 weak mages..... Mr. Bubbles and Hawk. Try as I might, I could not even manage a 50% winning record unless I very carefully picked my opponents. This was frustrating and I could not find a way to compete, so I quit and went to different online games............ for a year! In 2008, I got a Duels newsletter and noticed all the new things they had implemented. Quick duels, tournaments, Abtu quests, Elemental quests, new packs, trials of koth, and more. I was very impressed. So..... I started playing Hawk again. I also started reading the forums and studying battles of successful duelists. Very soon I realized that this game was deep enough, that you seriously have to deploy strategy and thought to be successful at the high levels. As Tabernacle told me "you need to be a student of the game or you won't succeed". Considering this, I joined ladders and Trials, accepted all challenges, and quick dueled as much as possible. I also started creating alts.....anything to get mass amount of tokens! Not long after, I pulled my first legendary item..... Vallo. The proper thing to do was respec to Gaze Druid, so that's what I did. Very Happy

I also created my own guild and dragged in players from some other games I play. Eventually, Duels took over the other games and is currently the only one I am playing. Most of my guild members are dormant, except Bloodnight and Jimfaindel, so I decided to close the guild and be a member of an active guild for a while. I've lost track of the battles I've had with BAMFdruid over the past months..... and recently he's been kicking my butt! So congrats to BAMF.

I have had, what I consider, great success with the Gaze Druid. I recently converted to Str-based Gaze and my success rate improved even more. Still, it is just modest success, so I am looking to learn more and improve more.

My alts have struggled with other builds. I have tried nearly every build with what I thought was a good start (legendary items, etc.), but these builds only had success until about level 42. ....then the professional players at level 45 started schooling me. I would really like to get a few successful alternate builds.

Currently, I keep all my alts active....... a few more gaze druids, 1 slow druid, 1 Infernal Protection mage, and 3 vendor duelists (all in top 10). Vendor dueling is a modest job at best, but.....my current #5 Elite Vendor is 873-99. Almost 90% win rate, so......that's a lot of tokens for a part-time character. I'm having fun with Vendor dueling. Tough competition & no gold spent. Smile

I hope you guys don't mind if I have lots of questions in the coming months. I like winning and will do what is required to be successful and make my guild successful also.

Cheers,
    Hawk
    BAMF
    BAMF

Hawk Silverleaf Empty Re: Hawk Silverleaf

Post  BAMF Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:17 pm

OFFICIAL NEWSBREAK

You are now the oldest member in VH! Congratulations!

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:01 am